My Custom-Built Case! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 7th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My Custom-Built Case!

Hey guys.....Attached are some pics of my custom built carrying case for my FX7 and assorted equipment. Most of my filming is at live music events, so this fits right in. I also play guitar, so I happened to have this extra case. I was carrying everything in duffel bags, when one day the idea struck me that all my gear might just fit in an old guitar case. I did some measuring, bought some foam at a local craft store, and started working. There was a little pocket for gear about halfway down the neck area that I removed and carpeted, and then I installed a foam covered 1X4 across the body of the case, where the top of the tripod sits, for rigidity and to keep the tripod from shifting up into the camera area. Then I filled the body of the case with foam and cut out the shape for my camera and a smaller pocket for tapes. I plan on covering all the foam with a microfiber fabric soon, for a more finished look!
What do you think? Check out examples of my work at my website: The Home of Traditional Country Music in Nashville, Tennessee | Rudi's Country Music Cafe. We focus on live traditional and classic country music. I also feature other genres on my youtube page: YouTube - rudituner's Channel
Attached Thumbnails
My Custom-Built Case!-camcasepics-001.jpg   My Custom-Built Case!-camcasepics-002.jpg  

My Custom-Built Case!-camcasepics-003.jpg   My Custom-Built Case!-camcasepics-004.jpg  

My Custom-Built Case!-camcasepics-005.jpg  
James Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Major Player

That is pretty darn cool! I bet it weighs a bit more than a gee-tar though...
Old December 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Just a little.....I reinforced the handle with some metal straps and bolts. Also, there is a large amopunt of white duct tape holding the whole thing together on the outside, which adds a little weight....hahaa.
James Workman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications