Camera Support / RIG Ideas. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 11th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #1
Tourist

Camera Support / RIG Ideas.

I'm going to build a full rod support and handle cage.
It will feature a cage that will fit most cameras. Have clips to hold cables. Rod support on both top and bottom. And at the very bottom can have a tripod mount.

Been talking to a few people and at least in my class it seems to be a hit.

But I know some might be like me and not able to spend several grand on this type of rig.
AND
This is where I come in. This rig will be very affordable.
For me I'm not looking for a profit just want to help people out.

Wanted to toss this idea out to you guys also.

Sorry about making this more of a story then anything but thought it would explain what I'm doing.

Ideas I'm basing my idea off of
DSMC TACTICAL RIBCAGE PACK The DSMC TACTICAL RIBCAGE PACK includes all the pieces necessary to mount ribs for advanced ¼-20 configurations.
DSMC MODULAR ASSAULT PLATE PACK DSMC® MODULAR ASSAULT PLATE PACK provides a mounting solution that is both reliable and portable. With it's lightweight 15mm adaptor, you'll be able to attach a wide range of accessories which utilize a lightweight
SLIDING TOP HANDLE As the most convenient method for "grabbing" the camera, the new RED Sliding Top Handle has a rubberized grip and a clamp which attaches to the rail guide system, offering 15 mounting points, plus a rosette connection for additiona

Red is a very extreme way to go but their products give around the same amount of control I want in my product.

I would like to here ideas on peoples parts. what you would like out of a rig like this and everything else.
Even if you hate this idea share. and explain what would make it better.

Last edited by Kenne Johnston; September 12th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Kenne Johnston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Special Mounts and Applications