stedicam pilot/EX1 and monitor signal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

stedicam pilot/EX1 and monitor signal

having problems getting a pic on monitor of pilot ... using the bnc adapter with the rca cable and plugged into the pilot and am not getting no picture.. i have went thru all possible setting in the ex1 video set menu ... but now if i plug in the supplied av connection cable that came with the ex1 and use only the video connect to the pilot i get a picture on monitor.but this seems to be a bit much having 2 audio connects just dangling around. to use just the sdi with the bnc what would i have to do ... i must be missing something ...
Ron Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Sony EX1 composite video signal

The BNC connector is digital only, so you have to use the breakout connector.

If you can solder your own cables, make a short little adapter (see attached picture). You can buy a cable to cut down here:
Sony Handycam Audio Video Cable - VMC15FS - Buy.com

Note that many other sony cameras use this same breakout cable, so you should also be able to find this cable in a regular retail store somewhere.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dave Gish; November 5th, 2008 at 07:59 PM.
Dave Gish is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)