Want to get better with Steadicam?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 10th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #1
New Boot

Want to get better with Steadicam??

I am working to put together a Steadicam workshop with Peter Abraham of Tiffen/Steadicam in the April/May time frame. This 2 day workshop will focus on the Pilot and Flyer models of the Steadicam. The location is beyond beautiful... Baytowne Wharf: The Village of Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Florida

Right down the road is where "The Truman Show" was filmed. The cost is $500.00 and for the details go here: Twp Day Steadicam Flyer Workshop Programs authorized by Tiffen instructed by Peter Abraham

This location holds inside of it a little city with some 70 shops and restaurants and is home to the 8th most beautiful beach in the world

What I need is for 8 people to join me for sun in the fun! You can fly into the following airports VPS: 20 minutes away PNS:1 hour away.

The hotel rooms will cost about 70-99 a night and the hotel is brand new and there are about 10 restaurants in this resort. The location is halfway between Pensacola Fl and Panama City Beach.

If you are interested please email me brian@knightacademic.com and if we get enough interest I will try and put a date in place that all are happy with.
Brian Ward
Brian Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:47 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Brian,

I did the same exact thing a year ago, and it worked!

Also, to be clear, Tiffen provides the steadicams, so you don't have to own a rig yet to take the class. If you do have a rig, don't bring it to class, as there are insurance problems with this.

Hope this helps.

Also, tell Peter I say Hi!
Dave Gish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks - I forgot to mention the "don't bring your rig"! I hope we are able to put this class together, what is better than flying a rig around by America's largest AFB and one of the world's most beautiful beaches.
Brian Ward is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)