Charles Papert-here's the sled at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 6th, 2003, 05:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Charles Papert-here's the sled

Here's the sled that you wanted to see. Sorry for the bad quality pics. The were done hastily...hey hey, excuses excuses :)
I've just gotten my anton bauer battery which fits nicely under the sled. I'm using the Trimpac 14 14.4v @ 45 watts. The gimbal is an old gimbal which will be replaced soon with a much nicer machined one.
Of course the sled is still the same but as just been re-worked, things added and adjusted. Been busy trying to get my book finished. The only thing prolonging it from being finished is my machinist. He's been busy with other more important customers(with bigger pockets than me), go figure. So hopefully my new arm will be finished in about a months time. Then I can start taking more pics of it for my 'How I buid my stabilizer journal' if you you will kinda book.
I'm grateful from the major stabilizer companies, like steadicam,pro and Glidecam for offering to send pics of their systems to use in my book.
So hopefully I'll get this book publish by early next year.

http://www.homebuiltstabilizers.com/sledpic.jpg
http://www.homebuiltstabilizers.com/vestpic.jpg
Old November 8th, 2003, 03:39 AM   #2
Wrangler

Impressive Charles. The bottom half looks remarkably like the original production version of the EFP...!
Old November 8th, 2003, 12:59 PM   #3
Major Player

"The bottom half looks remarkably like the original production version of the EFP...!"

It does?! Well, I never saw the original production version. Glad you like it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)