Chrosziel DV Matte Box W/ Support Rails + Glidecam V8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old November 7th, 2003, 06:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Chrosziel DV Matte Box W/ Support Rails + Glidecam V8

Hey, this is the first time I've posted on here. I think I'll be coming here a lot, this is great.

For my upcoming film production, I am planning to use a Chorsziel DV Matte Box, with the support rails for my Canon XL1s.

Now, what I am wondering about is this: With the support rails, how is it then possible to attach a tripod or camera stabilization system?

About the stabilization system: I have been looking at the Glidecam V8. Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks,

C.
Old November 7th, 2003, 06:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The support system just acts as a middle man. It goes into the camera's support mount. Then an additional plate for the tripod or stabilization system. Shouldn't this be in the support forum though? =P
Kevin Maistros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2003, 06:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah, I guess it should. Does the stabilization system come with one of those plates usually?
Old November 8th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #4
Major Player

I just got my Steady Tracker Light.. it is awesome.. i tried making some shoots running coming up and down the stairs and the image is quite amazing... always smooth... now i want to add some kind of homemade device to attach some 35mm lenses i read about some adapters composed by mirrors that can adapt the lenses...
Agus Casse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 10:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Good!

Kevin, is this 'additional plate' that you mentioned something that you have to buy seperately, or is it on the matte box railing system?

Thanks,

C.
Old November 8th, 2003, 11:13 PM   #6
Trustee

Corey
Any support system will be attached to the camera using the tripod mount. The rod support plate will be attached using a 1/4 or 3/8 screw and a guide pin, the same way you would attach a tripod or stabilizer.

There are two ways the camera and support sytem can be secured to a tripod or stabilizer.

By a threaded tripod mounting and guide pin hole on the underside of the Rod Support Plate (a duplicate of whats on the camera )

or

A moveable balance bracket mounted to the support rails. This is a tripod mounting plate that will slide and lock right at the point of balance.

Here are two links. the first is to the PDF of the Chrosziel parts list for all of their matte box products. Page 21 will show the plate adapter and rods.

http://www.chrosziel.com/ACPL09_03.pdf

The second link is to the cavision site. It's not Chrosziel but they have pictures of these components and the idea is similar.

http://www.cavision.com/Mattbox/more_accesories.htm
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)