Glidecam V16/V20 owners - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old July 7th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #31
Major Player

Thanks for the reply.

"The input to the L7 Pro Monitor is marked: 12VDC 1.0A"

...but it is still getting it's power directly from the Anton Bauer mount, right? I understand it is drawing 1.0A from the 10A output which is the maximum it can drawdirectly from the output.

Did your cable come with Glidecam when you purchased it?

BTW, here is a link to the cover of the book I'm doing for the Glidecam modifications.

Book 1: http://homebuiltstabilizers.com/3book.jpg

...and here's another:

Book 2 : http://homebuiltstabilizers.com/2book.jpg
Old July 18th, 2004, 03:49 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Charles K,

Sorry for the slow reply. The cable for the monitor-to-Anton Bauer did come with the Glidecam.

The cover to your book looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product!
www.doubledogsvideo.com
video@doubledogs.com
Brad Richmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:45 AM   #33
Major Player

Well Brad the book is already up for sale. Thanks for the info.
Old July 20th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #34
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Brad Richmond :
Andrew, better get on those modified pics! Take my word for it, it will remove a great burden from your shoulders, like taking the V-16 off after a two-hour shoot :-) -->>>

I finally come back to DVi, to find some crazy people hounding me for modified pics? What modified pics? I checked the whole thread, nowhere did I say I had a modified rig/pics. I'm confuzzled!

I am however; interested in modifying the bottom sled because I dislike the rectangular profile.
Old July 20th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #35
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Charles King : Okay, another question for you v16/v20 owners. How long is the lower post? the one that slides inside the main or the outter post.
Andrew, how are those modified pics coming along? -->>>

<<<-- Originally posted by Andrew Petrie : I finally come back to DVi, to find some crazy people hounding me for modified pics? What modified pics? I checked the whole thread, nowhere did I say I had a modified rig/pics. I'm confuzzled! -->>>

Andrew,
You are right about me, I probably am crazy! I think Charles K. thought you had some modified pics. When I finally got around to sending him some stuff he had been asking me for, I tagged you on there. Sorry about that. I guess I was totally confoundulated on that one!

Now that Charles K's book is out, we can both do some modifications and THEN send him some pictures!
www.doubledogsvideo.com
video@doubledogs.com
Brad Richmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 08:25 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Charles

Another book!!! And a third one on the way!!! Boy you are busy. What time do you have for flying your rig? I just finished reading your first book and boy your rig looks awesome.

Anyways I'm heading over to Cafe Press to order your second book which is closer to my heart as I own the Glidecam V16 and am ready to do some serious modding.
Norman Woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:15 AM   #37
Major Player

Well Norman, that's the thing. I usually don't have time but no worries because I refurbishing my arm and sled. The new parts arer't ready yet. Hopefully by the end of august.

The third book will be a pic gallery show-casing the new look of the sled and arm. As a matter of fact you do get the second book then you will see how the new sled will look.

BTW, thanks for the compliments on the book. Glad you enjoyed it and hoped it offered you with the info you needed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)