Good stabilizer for Store Walkthrough Video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:53 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Papert
Leigh:

I would recommend you offer the monitor as an option. For $100, most people will buy it to save the hassle of researching and having something else modified to work. That's extraordinarily cheap, by the way--what size screen will that be??
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the advice.

I just gave a rough figure and I don't have an exact specification in my mind. I think because the technology update so quick and the LCD monitor price drop similar to computer component, I better not to to offer LCD monitor at all. As I have to buy monitor myself and sell to my customer. I don't want to take this unnecessary financial risk as the profit by reselling the LCD monitor is only a little. In the end, I manufacture stablizer, not LCD monitor. The customer can easily buy from http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home/ at a good price freely and the shipment in the USA for LCD customer is excellent. The cost for shipment for a LCD monitor from NZ to USA will not be competent enough. I can't compete with these retail store i.e. bhphotovideo for the price and quality of a LCD monitor as my purchase volume is very small to the wholeseller.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 06:12 PM   #17
Wrangler

Magiqcam used to take the same approach, but many of their customers wanted a turnkey package that they could start using out of the box so they started selling it with a monitor. My suggestion would be to figure out how much you could comfortably sell the monitor for (feel free to mark it up a bit to cover your shipping and stocking costs) and offer the option of buying it without monitor as well, and see how it goes. A certain percentage of people will prefer to buy everything at once.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:00 PM   #18
Trustee

Hi Charles Papert,

Thanks

I already took too much financial risk for the stabilizer business. I do not feel comfortable to get more risk now. I will offer LCD monitor option to my customer at later stage if my business goes well.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:17 PM   #19
Major Player

Leigh,
When do we get to see your rig?

- Mikko
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:42 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Wilson
Leigh,
When do we get to see your rig?

- Mikko
Hi Mikko,

I look forward to release the picture soon.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)