3-Axis Gimbals? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old January 2nd, 2015, 12:29 AM   #31
Trustee

Re: 3-Axis Gimbals?

Very impressed so far Simon, within the hour I'm out shooting. Considering the nightmare that was the Steadygim 15 this is bliss.

The form factor impresses me most ,I've got a 3 axis gimbal with a monitor in one hand. I've had a bit of a play but I'll take it out tomorrow to shoot something
Attached Thumbnails
3-Axis Gimbals?-20150102_143017.jpg   3-Axis Gimbals?-20150102_143001.jpg  

Old January 2nd, 2015, 03:49 AM   #32
Trustee

Oooh, looks great.
I have been a Glidecam user for many years and although I find it fantastic I think the gimbals will help me were I need it the most.
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 11:31 AM   #33
Major Player

Sadly Paul, I'm in discussion with customer support as my Nebula 4000 isn't functioning properly.

I'm hoping we can sort it out, or at least I'll get a replacement unit because I did have it working the first few days and was fairly impressed, even before I had a chance to fine tune the PID settings.
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2015, 06:49 AM   #34
Sponsor: FilmPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mailath View Post
Very impressed so far Simon, within the hour I'm out shooting. Considering the nightmare that was the Steadygim 15 this is bliss.

The form factor impresses me most ,I've got a 3 axis gimbal with a monitor in one hand. I've had a bit of a play but I'll take it out tomorrow to shoot something
The Nebula 4000 Lite looks so cool, with this design you can easily see the screen.
Iris Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 12:33 PM   #35
Major Player

CAME single handle announced

Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 03:03 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris Zhang View Post
The Nebula 4000 Lite looks so cool, with this design you can easily see the screen.
The backside of the Nebula sled blocks the view for a part but I found it workable, I only found it too bad that for camera's like a GH4 the lcd screen could not be opened because the sled and gimbal position prevents that, if that part would have been positioned on the other side then any camera with a flipout lcd screen would be possible to open the screen which would make it a lot better to see what you where doing. But Like I said, it was possible to see enough from the screen and determine how you wanted to frame the shot.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:20 PM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive McLaughlin View Post
CAME single handle announced
The video would have been hysterical if it weren't so pitiful.
Old May 24th, 2015, 06:41 AM   #38

Benz Fashion Week Australia show at carriageworks

Iris Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2015, 04:37 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
The backside of the Nebula sled blocks the view for a part but I found it workable, I only found it too bad that for camera's like a GH4 the lcd screen could not be opened because the sled and gimbal position prevents that, if that part would have been positioned on the other side then any camera with a flipout lcd screen would be possible to open the screen which would make it a lot better to see what you where doing. But Like I said, it was possible to see enough from the screen and determine how you wanted to frame the shot.
We chose an external monitor because the camera LCD screen can't be seen if the stabilizer is being held with both hands. Stabilizer with both hands at the time of shooting is also can't see the camera, so

Last edited by Chris Hurd; May 31st, 2015 at 10:12 PM. Reason: was Stabilizer with both hands at the time of shooting is also can't see the camera, so we chose an external monitor.
Iris Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)