Gopro4 black and a Feiyu g3 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old November 26th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #46
Major Player

Re: Gopro4 black and a Feiyu g3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald McPherson View Post
6:10 .... "it makes me fondle admiringly"

lol!
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #47
Regular Crew

I'm liking this product, but, not sure if there are any differences between, the funny Go a,d the Z-One Pro
I like the accessories for it also..

SteadyGim3 Gopro 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal - Brushless Gimbals

Anyone have experience with this company?
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 06:37 PM   #48
Inner Circle

They probably ALL start off life at the "Shenzen Brushless Gimbal Factory" and then go to various suppliers who add the finishing touches and brand them. Chinese products are so cheap simply because they get one factory to produce 99% of the components for a product because it cheaper to produce a million gimbal motors rather than 1000.

I only used mine a three weddings then it went on eBay...they have a bit of development work to do on the firmware before it can be used professionally I think!! Great for running around the beach filming the kids though!!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #49
Trustee

I received the FunnyGo today and picked up some batteries for the unit.
Finding batteries was a bit of a concern but after a few phone calls I found what I needed. If your in Australia finding the recommended 16340 batteries can be an issue. I found mine through Battery World.

Once I charged the new batteries up I turned on the FunnyGo with my Gopro attached and I was off shooting.

I gota say this little gimbal gadget is fantastic so far….. the twitch that is in the G3 put me off purchasing that model and I'm sure that a fix for that model will happen.

I'm doing some gigs this weekend and I'll put the FunnyGo through its paces. I'm shooting a property vid along with some live music. I'll be using my Glidecam 4000 with 5DM2 16mm and my Sony PMW500 for interviews. Straight up I can see that the FunnyGo is so much easier than the Glidecam 4000 with 5DM2.
Attached Thumbnails
Gopro4 black and a Feiyu g3-fg.jpg  
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 11:39 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Well, I purchased a Go Pro 4 Hero Black today from Best Buy Store, they had one left, I was surprised how small it is, I knew it was supposed to be small, but it's pretty small, I also got the LCD bac-pac, I feel that should be designed into the camera. Pretty hard seeing anything for settings, and framing with out it. I also got a second battery, might need a third it really sucks the juice, considering that the LCD Bac-Pac use's the battery also. I have taken a few clips in 4K ultra-wide, It seems there is a lot of jerkiness to the clips, and objects in motion seem not very smooth. It definitely has a lot of Moire , big time! I did have the sharpness up one notch, but I'm going to turn that off since 4K seems pretty sharp already.

ISO of 400 to 6400, wish it went lower. also the File bit rates are pretty low, with 50MBPs being the highest for 4K, and that's pretty low for 4K. all the 1080HD stuff is 22K, I think, I'll have to look and see again.
I did not see any where in the settings for shutter speed, FPS yes. But I think that is why the clips have that stuttery motion to them. I shot at 24fps, No 60fps in 4K, it's either 30 or 24 FPS.

Also ordered a ZHIYUN Z-One Pro 3 axis gimbal, Got it for $299.00 US. But know batteries,or charger. They have to ship DHL to ship batteries and it really jacks the price up, so I ordered a couple of batteries and a charger, here in the USA. Total price for the Z-One and the batteries and the charger was $333.95 US

My gimbal should be here in about a week, when I get it I will take some test clips of the GoPro 4 Hero with the Z-One gimbal, and post. Cheers and Happy Holidays!
Old December 8th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #51
Inner Circle

I only shot a limited amount with the gopro 4 black but have not noticed any moire in my clips? About bitrate, it's not that low, my sony ax100 also "only" has a 50mbs 4K codec and that works out fine, considering that the camera fit's in the palm of your hand I find it amazing they manage to get that bitrate and 4k out of it.
For setting the camera and to have a monitor I use my smartphone, works great although sometimes it's losing connection for a short while during record and I can concur batterylife is poor, you definitely need a few.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #52
Regular Crew

I use a utility program called Media Info, you drag and drop a video or audio file on it's shortcut and it opens and reads all the detail on that file. I just looked at the clip I shot yesterday and it says it's Overall bit rate is 60.1, and the audio is 128 kb, 48KHz, 2-channels, AAC (LC). I stand corrected, I thought the understanding was that 100 MBPS was low for 4K? I will see when I shoot a serious test clip, and do some grading, denoise if needed and sharpening if needed. Then I'll see how it holds up. I'm not down on this camera, just giving my Initial findings, I expect this 4K black GoPro to have limitations, due to it's size.

Like I said I will shoot some more and post and verify the different bit rates. I also noticed what looks like color noise, on the hood of the car I shot while I was moving.
Old December 8th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #53
Trustee

I have shot lots of 4K video with the 4 Black and see little moire. Some players and viewers will display artifacts due to scaling. Do you see the moire playing the 4K video clips on a 4K screen?
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #54
Regular Crew

I don't have a 4 K screen, just my 24" Dell monitor using VLC Media Player, But that might be a good point about scaling. However, the moire that I'm seeing seems to be with edges and patterns, like house siding, and shingles, brickwork. Since you have been shooting a lot of 4k Gopro video, could you share your settings of your go pro? Also, what they are for Protune, and the advanced settings? Do you remove fish-eye?
Old December 9th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #55
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kolenda View Post
I don't have a 4 K screen, just my 24" Dell monitor using VLC Media Player, But that might be a good point about scaling. However, the moire that I'm seeing seems to be with edges and patterns, like house siding, and shingles, brickwork. Since you have been shooting a lot of 4k Gopro video, could you share your settings of your go pro? Also, what they are for Protune, and the advanced settings? Do you remove fish-eye?
There are really not a lot of settings on the GoPro (unfortunately). I have shot 4K30P, Protune on, Protune Color, sharpness 'High.' I have also shot Protune Flat. sharpness 'Medium', with WB set for 'RAW.', then color grading and white balancing in GoPro Studio. Aiming for a 'realistic' look, and comparing, I did not see much of a difference between what I could do from Flat by color grading, ooc Protune Color and the scenes I shot. Protune color is actually pretty good. I will occasionally set WB rather than use auto WB.

I have not tried correcting fish-eye. I also found that Superview is pretty good in 4K, really giving a wider perspective without much distortion (since the camera automatically deals with it).
Old December 9th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Hey, Thanks Mark! I'll give those settings a try. Waiting for some better weather here to shoot.
Due to the limitation of not being able to set a shutter speed, do you get a stuttery motion with moving subjects? I tried 24fps,(Not sure what the GoPro selects SS wise) I will try 30fps to see if there is much of a difference. Again thanks.
Old December 9th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #57
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kolenda View Post
Hey, Thanks Mark! I'll give those settings a try. Waiting for some better weather here to shoot.
Due to the limitation of not being able to set a shutter speed, do you get a stuttery motion with moving subjects? I tried 24fps,(Not sure what the GoPro selects SS wise) I will try 30fps to see if there is much of a difference. Again thanks.
Those too high shutter speeds in bright light are an issue. The aperture is always f2.8, so all exposure control is by shutter speed. This means very high shutter speeds in bright light.

And the solution, to reduce shutter speeds, is - an ND filter. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...IBG6QDGCEVWPE5

works fine. You need to use the 'Frame', but I recommend that for normal weather (when the bright sun makes the shutter speeds too high anyway). With the Frame, you get better in-camera audio (ports not blocked) and can attach an external mic. There is absolutely no need for the waterproof housing if there is no water. I wish it did not come with the GoPro, although I have used the waterproof case in the rain (and in those conditions, with less light, shutter speed is not much of an issue).
Old December 9th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #58
Trustee

This is my second test with the FunnyGo and a GoPro 3+

We are touring (The Allniters) with UB40 and I thought I would do a walk around during soundcheck and see how I go with this device.

I had the GoPro set on 1080p wide and the FunnyGo set on its default setting.
There has been no stabilisation done at all in the edit, this is straight from the camera.

Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #59
Regular Crew

Looks good Simon, thanks for posting. I can't seem to find Pilot Fly or Funny Go on Google. Could you post their web site please.
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #60
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rosenzweig View Post
Those too high shutter speeds in bright light are an issue. The aperture is always f2.8, so all exposure control is by shutter speed. This means very high shutter speeds in bright light.

And the solution, to reduce shutter speeds, is - an ND filter. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...IBG6QDGCEVWPE5

works fine. You need to use the 'Frame', but I recommend that for normal weather (when the bright sun makes the shutter speeds too high anyway). With the Frame, you get better in-camera audio (ports not blocked) and can attach an external mic. There is absolutely no need for the waterproof housing if there is no water. I wish it did not come with the GoPro, although I have used the waterproof case in the rain (and in those conditions, with less light, shutter speed is not much of an issue).
I already had that exact ND Filter on order should be here tomorrow. Not sure what you mean by the frame?
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)