Gopro4 black and a Feiyu g3 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 10th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #61
Regular Crew

Re: Gopro4 black and a Feiyu g3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Denny View Post
This is my second test with the FunnyGo and a GoPro 3+

We are touring (The Allniters) with UB40 and I thought I would do a walk around during soundcheck and see how I go with this device.

I had the GoPro set on 1080p wide and the FunnyGo set on its default setting.
There has been no stabilisation done at all in the edit, this is straight from the camera.

http://youtu.be/IxiGLUAT3-g
I'm liking that Simon! You can see a little up and down movement on some shots, but pretty darn nice considering the price. Thanks for posting. My Z-One Pro Gimbal should be here this Tuesday.
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:37 AM   #62
Regular Crew

Well I have to say, this Z-One Pro gimbal is pretty darn slick! It works very well, as long as you work it with in the parameters that it was designed for. It has 2-buttons for Pitch, Pan and Roll, and they work very smoothly, not abruptly. There are two modes also, One being a Full Follow mode of average speed, and a Locked Pitch, Pan and Roll mode. I also liked that it was very easy to adjust the Pitch and Roll to your levels by pressing the mode button 2 times quickly, It puts it into a Pitch and Roll mode then when you adjust them to your level, you just switch modes to your desired mode.

Also, you can do some nice camera moves using your wrist in some creative ways, but you have to be careful you don't over do your wrists. The Z-One only uses 2 batteries, which I like, where some of the other competitors are using 3, with no gain in time that I can see, and they last pretty long at least a few hours. I ordered a second set of batteries for longer needs and back up.. For $299.00 US, this is a keeper gimbal for my Hero 4. The company I purchased from was a Chinese vendor, they handled my order well, it came DHL free shipping, They also responded to my emails quickly.

You will get some Up and Down movement a little, but that will very according to your ability to walk with the gimbal, in a motionless, vertical gate as possible. None of these 3 axis gimbals, big or small are designed for vertical Up and Down Movement. Plus you can always stabilize in post if you desire. I'm glad I did my research on these dedicated Go Pro gimbals. I'm going to experiment with attaching this gimbal to my MoGo Pod, just waiting for some clamps to come in. Now I have only had it for a week, So we will see how it performs with a little more of an endurance test. I'm not afraid to eat crow if the Z-One crashes or has stability issues. Love not having to balance the Go Pro. Also, I might add, that this gimbal handled the Go Pro Hero 4 with the LCD Pac and a popular ND Filter attached, with No issues.

It is a little hard to get to the menu settings button on the side of the Go Pro, the mounting bracket is a little too close, but with effort you can press it. Can you believe the Go Pro Hero 4 does not come with a Lens Cap! I had to order one on line from a Chinese vendor. If you get one order the lens cap right away, as this lens is a bit of a fish-eye, and you have to be careful not to scratch it.

Last edited by Leon Kolenda; January 4th, 2015 at 02:39 AM.
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 02:21 AM   #63
Trustee

Yeah, I think I had the FunnyGo on the wrong setting and this was producing more of my walk in the footage.
I reckon down the track we will see 4xAxis gimbals coming up and this will be fantastic.
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:40 PM   #64
Regular Crew

Well. I agree, 4-Axis gimbals will be very cool. Hope they wait a while LOL, I just got a new AllSteady 5 Pro 3-Axis for my other camera.
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)