streaming to facebook live - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old August 27th, 2017, 04:04 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: streaming to facebook live

I use a Sony PXW X70 and can stream to YouTube, Facebook, Ustream and a few others (albeit only one at a time). I WiFi from camera to Android phone VLC Player then screen capture with Screen Stream Mirroring to any of the above. I can have it up and running in minutes.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2017, 09:47 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald McPherson View Post
I use a Sony PXW X70 and can stream to YouTube, Facebook, Ustream and a few others (albeit only one at a time). I WiFi from camera to Android phone VLC Player then screen capture with Screen Stream Mirroring to any of the above. I can have it up and running in minutes.
This sounds like what I need. Any further details on what settings to use or what to avoid? Especially for Facebook Live
I'll be trying this ASAP. I didnt think I could wifi in and 4G out at the same time.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 07:33 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Kukla View Post
I didnt think I could wifi in and 4G out at the same time.
Standard procedure. That's what creating a "hot spot" with your phone does. That's how people use their phones to get internet access from their laptops.

BTW I done a variation on Donald's workflow. Sony PXW-X70 to VLC on my laptop and screen grab with Telestream Wirecast. You can do the same with OBS of course. Computer software allows to add lower thirds and a logo and possibly and opening and closing slate. Sometimes I'll start a stream early with a slate to give time for the online audience to gather.

I'll also use Facebook's live stream scheduling feature so people can subscribe to get a notification and can share the stream link to other pages and groups in advance. Sometimes I'll create a Facebook Event as well so people can use that for notifications as well. I'll share the scheduled stream to the Event in advance so if people go to the Event page they can watch the stream there without having to find the main page.

Basically if you're using a Camera you need to get it to the phone either directly or through a laptop. Otherwise you need to hook up the Camera to a hardware streaming device like the Vidiu. Otherwise you're just going to use the phone's camera.

Personally doing anything for a corporate client (even a freebee for a friend) is going to be an advertisement for you. Looking good (or bad) is going to reflect on you because the viewers (and potential clients amongst them) aren't going to know it's a freebee.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 07:35 AM   #19
Major Player

Looks like I'm buying the Vidi U Pro. Also going to upgrade my Verizon to their Un limited Everything with a dedicated hotspot device.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 06:12 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Sensible solution Ed! I have used the encoder unit for nearly 2 years now and all you need is a camera with HDMI, the encoder on the hotshoe and a router and you are good to go.

Just for interest, if you want to get fancier later on, you can Use a laptop (for neat graphics and a few extra webcams) with OBS on it and then send that mixed output from the laptop's HDMI video output straight into the Vidiu HDMI input and stream out as normal ..that way you don't need a super fast laptop to stream as the encoder does as the hard work!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View