Price for taping a surgery - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old January 31st, 2008, 05:13 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Solo View Post
Do you think 150.00 for 3 hours is worth it?
He's stitching you up! (Sorry)

Think about it - $50 per hour gross. That's before tax, your time to prepare, edit, wear-and-tear of your equipment, transportation etc.

I'd triple it.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I shot a heart transplant it was shot on Beta SP. I found that the head surgical nurse was the one to win over. The secret is to ask (her or him) whenever you do anything. The doctor is usally the coolest one there. After a while (when everyone's cool with you) they will be telling you the best angles etc. Of course that was my experience. Your shoot may be totally different depending on the doctor and staff. The total shoot lasted from about 8pm to about 2am after they closed the patient. The doctor got all the clearence from the patient and family. I charged for a full day.

You should be charging (as a professional camera man) anywhere from $350 to $500 per 10 hr day for your labor. Then a camera package rental for DV or HDV anywhere from $150 to $300 per day plus tape cost. If you do a half-day (a lot of shooters don't do half days) then the industry standard is 60% of your day rate and full camera rental rate. Of course every thing is nego'ble
JM2C
Allen Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business