Guerilla filmmakers paradise: Madrid at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old January 26th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Guerilla filmmakers paradise: Madrid

Hi:

I have read elsewhere that you need to get a permit from the local authorities to film even in public spaces, and read how some practice "guerilla filmmaking" to avoid the bureaucracy and paying the fee don't request permission beforehand and run if necessary. I've heard some say that as soon as you plant a tripod you need a permit.

Well, I don't know how it works where you live, and I do know that there are probably not many people from Spain, and less from Madrid following this forum. Anyway: Here it's easy, if:

- you do not obstruct traffic or pedestrian passage
- your crew everyone included does not count more than 15
- you do not require electro-technical equipment (generator and lights I suppose)

Then all you have to do is fill out a form and send it in so they have it to working days before you start filming.

The form is here: http://www.madrid.es/UnidadesDescent...%20rodajes.pdf

That's easy, and it's free! Any questions, you need to contact Oficina de Rodaje (and that's gotta be in Spanish).

I thought this might be useful to anyone looking for a place to shoot.

How does it work where you live?

BR, Erik
Erik Norgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Hmmm. Alarming levels of common sense from a government department.

I'm seriously impressed.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #3
Trustee

If one avoids the major cities and shoots with a small crew, and ensures the locals are not disturbed, then it's possible to shoot anywhere in India without paying anything substantial. Even otherwise, I think as far as finances are concerned, India must be among the cheapest places to film in the world.
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #4
Inner Circle

To be honest, I've never come across any problems form the authorities in Belfast. From past experience, you just ring up the police to say you're filming in a certain location and they're fine. You may have do more arrangements for clearing parking for lighting trucks etc. or if you're doing action stuff or blocking off roads. The local film commission can also give advice regarding locations.You also have to bear in mind health & safety regarding lighting cables etc, where the public have access.

For a small documentary crew most people just film without informing anyone.

On one short we got a joint army police patrol for half an hour.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business