Anybody knows this song ? (Right's request) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old September 26th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #1
New Boot

Anybody knows this song ? (for Right's request)

Hi, everybody.

I am Helena, a independent filmmaker from Brazil and I need your help, please.

I will submit a short film at 2006 Sundance and Slamdance film festivals and there is a song that I get from Internet (long time ago, I forgot where) and now I can't find what is the correct title, the composers, performers, record label, etc. to get the festival rights for it.

The title displayed in the players is: Fryday, The 13th (Scary theme), but it is wrong.

If you please, listen the song at follow link and tell me if you have any information about that:

http://www.opticalspell.com/musica.htm

Any help is welcome.

Thank you
Helena

Last edited by Helena Gentili; September 26th, 2005 at 03:58 PM.
Helena Gentili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:16 AM   #2
Trustee

Edit - Does Not - Requires Real Audio.

The structure calls real audio, but as pointed out below, it is a standard MP3.

I have never heard it before.

http://www.opticalspell.com/Horror.mp3

Last edited by George Ellis; September 27th, 2005 at 10:17 AM.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Ellis
Note: Requires Real Audio.
I have real player on one of my computers, but I can't anything when I click on the link. All I get is "Wait a few seconds to streaming start." Then nothing after that.

Mike
Old September 27th, 2005, 07:39 AM   #4
Trustee

It work well for me. I don't know this song, but it remind me many scores for thriller/horror/suspense movies, like Jaws. Why don't you try to find another song on the net (which you can get the rights easilly) to replace this one?
Old September 27th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #5
Inner Circle

A search on any of the independant royalty free rights will turn up similar music. Freeplaymusic.com or productiontrax.com for instance. Search for 'thriller' or 'suspense' music.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #6
Inner Circle

if it not working, just"view source" of the page and look for an URL with .mp3
then copy and paste into the explorer address line.

the song is great, but unfortunately there is at least 7 sequels of the first movie Friday the 13th, so it is possible this soundtrack doe not belongs to the original movie but to a later one...
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #7
New Boot

Thank you all for answer.

George, you are right, the plugin is for Real Player Thanks for the tip, it works.

Mike, I dont know why it doesn't works for you. Maybe you have a dial connection and the audio needs a 128 kbps rate to play. Thank you anyway.

Jean, your feeling is great, I have listened the tracks 1 and 2 from Jaws on Amazon and it seem very close, but I think still is not the song. Your suggestion about another song is right, but the point is: the short already was sent to Sundance festival, WITH THIS SONG that I wrong supposed was Fryday, the 13th ! After I saw it was wrong. Ok, I am stupid... I know, but now my first effort is to find the right song according the short was created.

Richard, I have looked the sites that you said. Sure in my next projects I will consider first these kind of songs, but, as my first time (submiting) in a festival, some things was completely unknown for me. You helped me in another post and then I saw the right way, but I am paying the price: profit services to get rights are very expensive for me, so, I am doing for myself the contacts with the publishers and the record companies. Or, by another hand, if the movie gets picked up for distribution (Yes..I am dreaming...) I will love to pay for someone do this job. Thank you again, Richard.

Giroud, I am afraid you are right. Here in Brazil (and I live in a very small town) there are no much stores dedicate to movies soundtracks, so, the major part I listen in Internet (therefore, a bit of the song) and then, if I liked, I purchase it. I can't find all colection about Fryday, the 13th, to listen one by one in whole, that's why I need your help. Anyway, I appreciate your contribution.

Thank you all again.
Helena Gentili is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business