DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Check This Out -- My Stolen Clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/59909-check-out-my-stolen-clips.html)

Joe Allen Rosenberger February 5th, 2006 05:08 PM

Mark-

How did you ever come across your work by this guy???? I'm sure there are scumbags all over the place doing this sort of thing, but how did you happen to find your work on www.intergityvideo.com's website. Is there a way for any of us to check for this sort of thing beside randomly looking at others' website's.....if so, please share. Thanks- J

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken
Checkout these clips because you may just find some that you recognize from your own work. Three of the clips came from our training videos and I'm even in one of the clips. Of course he changed the music, so the visuals don't match the music. The three that are mine are, Misty Cry, Unforgetable and Sunburst.
http://www.integrityvideo.com/Page%2...%20Gallery.htm

Mike Cook February 5th, 2006 06:59 PM

Hey Mark,

I live not too far away from this poser. I'd be glad to pay him a visit for you....(late at night....)

Mike

A.J. Briones February 5th, 2006 07:09 PM

it makes me worry because none of my clips are watermarked. i'm seriously considering pulling them.

Mark Von Lanken February 5th, 2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sherman
I was able to track down two other videos to a San Deigo Videographer.. Any luck on the others?

Hi Pat,

Good work. Some have mentioned that the site is down, but it's still up and the video clips still work.

Mark Von Lanken February 5th, 2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Allen Rosenberger
Mark-

How did you ever come across your work by this guy???? I'm sure there are scumbags all over the place doing this sort of thing, but how did you happen to find your work on www.intergityvideo.com's website. Is there a way for any of us to check for this sort of thing beside randomly looking at others' website's.....if so, please share. Thanks- J

Hi Joe,

Another videographer that had purchased our training material recognized our clips on his site, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

Mark Von Lanken February 5th, 2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.J. Briones
it makes me worry because none of my clips are watermarked. i'm seriously considering pulling them.

Hi A.J.

All of the videos on our training material are watermarked, but that didn't stop him. He just covered it up with his own logo.

Mike Cook February 5th, 2006 08:04 PM

With Marks case I don't know how you can really protect yourself from this stuff but with web clips is there not a way to post clips that can be viewed but not downloaded?

I am not all that web savy so maybe one of the webbies can address a method to help prevent web clips from being grabbed.

Any takers?

mike

Lowell Oswald February 5th, 2006 08:19 PM

That is ridiculous! I can't believe someone would be so stupid.

I have a fairly good way to protect against this...Use Flash.

I've got all of my wedding videos compressed into .flv files, which are in turn embedded into a .swf file that is called from my main site's .swf file...it sounds more complicated than it really is.

Have a look for yourself...try to see if you can get any of the clips off the site...I have the videos set to load into the ram and not the temporary internet files folder..

www.ehansenproductions.com

Hope this helps, email me if you need more info on going about using this method!

Mike Cook February 5th, 2006 08:31 PM

Well, perhaps you could start a thread explaining your method for us knuckle heads. I am sure you would have a great many grateful people such as myself.

Glad to see the helping spirit is out there too....

Mike

Lowell Oswald February 5th, 2006 08:41 PM

If there are enough people that want help with this I'd be happy to post a tutorial.

However, this method would require each person to obtain a copy of Macromedia Flash...which can be pricey, especially if it's just for posting videos online.

If it is just a couple people wanting this, I might be able to transfer their videos through flash, make the .swf and .flv files and then give them back on a CD (shipping fees payed by the person) so they could upload them.

But if several people want/need this done, I'll have to have some small fee for this work..it does take time.

Let me know what you all would like,

Lowell

A.J. Briones February 5th, 2006 09:06 PM

mark... wow. that's pretty damn ridiculous. so where his watermark is now used to have yours? crazy.

hi lowell, a detailed tutorial thread would be awesome. i tried using flash before but i couldn't get the compression settings right... my stuff looked choppy and artifact-y... and i didn't have much time to spare on it so i quit trying.

Heather Darling February 5th, 2006 09:13 PM

Use Sorensen Squeeze to convert your video files to an flv file. The program costs about 215.00 but well worth the piece of mind. It's on ebay right now with a buy it now for $100 and there's another starting out at $30. You would still need flash to create the .swf. If you don't have flash you could always download the trial to setup your current videos. It's pretty simple.

A.J. Briones February 5th, 2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather Darling
Use Sorensen Squeeze to convert your video files to an flv file. The program costs about 215.00 but well worth the piece of mind. It's on ebay right now with a buy it now for $100 and there's another starting out at $30. You would still need flash to create the .swf. If you don't have flash you could always download the trial to setup your current videos. It's pretty simple.

probably why i was doing it wrong... i was making flash embed a quicktime movie (mpeg-4 @ 400kbps) and it just looked horrible.

any suggested sorenson squeeze settings?

Heather Darling February 5th, 2006 09:21 PM

Sorensen has presets for the flv's. Just tell it what video clip you want, pick your preset and go. The only thing you have to use flash for is creating the player that calls the flv video. I have a template setup already for the swf. Unfortunately, my computer is down right now. I should have it back in a few days and I'd be willing to email the swf file to anyone who wants it. The only thing you'd have to do is change the address to where you have the flv uploaded. It does sound a bit complicated, but really it's pretty simple.

Joe Allen Rosenberger February 6th, 2006 12:27 AM

[FLASH.....will not protect SQUAT when someone calls, or emails you asking for a demo dvd.....fronting as if they are a prospective client.....there are a lot of ways to get our footage, FLASH will protect the downloading thing but what about you sending your demos out......and we all do it, well most of us. You cant always tell if someone is fishing for this stuff because they could simply have a friend or girlfriend call you and pose as a bride to be.

I say when mofo's do this......TAKE ACTION on them however you can manage to do it......I WOULD NOT just let it go, but thats me.

QUOTE=Lowell Oswald]That is ridiculous! I can't believe someone would be so stupid.

I have a fairly good way to protect against this...Use Flash.

I've got all of my wedding videos compressed into .flv files, which are in turn embedded into a .swf file that is called from my main site's .swf file...it sounds more complicated than it really is.

Have a look for yourself...try to see if you can get any of the clips off the site...I have the videos set to load into the ram and not the temporary internet files folder..

www.ehansenproductions.com

Hope this helps, email me if you need more info on going about using this method![/QUOTE]