Rookie question (probably the first of many). at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old April 26th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #1
Major Player

Rookie question (probably the first of many).

Just got a new camera, and am eager to "play" with it. I'm concerned about legal issues, and admittedly totally ignorant of them. Am thinking of setting up at some local busy intersections and recording traffic and driver behavior.

If I set up on a corner and record someone "breaking the law", e.g. running a red light or stop sign, driving while talking on a cell phone, etc., what legal measures must I take? Must I protect drivers' anonymity?

Where can I learn more about when it's ok/not ok to show other's faces? Could I use the footage as a brief documentary of driving habits if their face or license plates are shown in the footage and they do something that is an obvious traffic violation?

Also, am I likely to be questioned by the local gendarmes? Might I need some sort of legal permit to do that?

All input appreciated.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hey Denis. I'm moving your thread to our "taking care of business" forum since that's the best place to discuss this sort of legal issue...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business