DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/99377-ridiculous-job-offers-demands.html)

Nick Hiltgen May 2nd, 2006 03:44 PM

Keith it just sounds like they've worked with GA folks like me before...

K. Forman May 2nd, 2006 03:49 PM

Sounds like when I was doing some day labor years ago. I was on a jobsite, and the contractor was standing nearby complaining about the "Rent-a-drunks", when he turned and saw me. I said "I'm a rent-a-druggie, get it right!"

I just love messin with idjits!

Josh Bass May 5th, 2006 12:00 PM

Is that pay really that bad for that type of work?

Here's this:

"Vacancy: Camera Operator & FCP Editors
Employer: XCW Professional Wrestling
Duration: A weekly PPV program, starts May 11 2006
Payment is on a lo/no/deferred basis.

A independent pro wrestling organization located in Denton, Texas; XCW is currently making multi camera PPV programs for ON DEMAND. Camera Operators are needed for Friday evenings 7:30 until roughly 11:30 (give or take 30 mins.) Production is live-to-tape and shot in front of a crowd. Camera operators will need to be in shape and able to carry a 10 pound camera around ring side. Stationary Camera positions are available as well. NO PAY, BUT Great learning experience and conversation piece on any resume tape.

Final Cut Pro editors may also apply. XCW is captured of Friday nights and edited over the weekend. Operator will have access to a G5 with FCP, Motion, Photoshop, Livetype, Digital Juices, and a Audio Library. Basic skills required with a great potential to learn more difficult editing techniques.
Apply to: Gus Phillips"

Somebody's gettn' paid, but it ain't you!

K. Forman May 5th, 2006 12:23 PM

I think Denton is where the VonErich family is from. Father Fritz used to wrestle in the 50's, then his sons Kerry, David, and Kevin used to wrestle in the 70's and 80's. I'd do it! And you said something about pay too?

Josh Bass May 5th, 2006 12:52 PM

I said you WEREN'T getting paid, but the show is for pay-per-view, so someone is.

K. Forman May 5th, 2006 04:48 PM

Yeah... I'd still do it.

Josh Bass May 5th, 2006 05:00 PM

Well, I hope you're happy. You've just invited the wrath of James Emory.

K. Forman May 5th, 2006 05:08 PM

yada, yada, and blah blah blah ;)

Josh Bass May 5th, 2006 05:40 PM

And now you've "enwrathed" Craig Seeman. You're on your own, bud.

K. Forman May 5th, 2006 05:48 PM

Hey... after the day I've had today, I don't care who's wrath I've incurred. I'm a tickin time bomb, just waiting to go off!

We needed to move, and found a house in a great location. The owner said he needed us to move in tomorrow, which meant we needed to rush the closing on our house. We were set to close at 4 today, and had the movers coming tomorrow. 9:30 this morning, I call the owner, and he informs me he rented it last night to someone else. So now we have nowhere to go. You want to talk about wrath?

Craig Seeman May 5th, 2006 06:17 PM

Well your would be new landlord probably found out that you're willing to work for nothing shooting wrestling matches. He probably didn't think you were a good candidate to make the rent payment every month.

Stay tuned for the next episode of . . . .
The Wrath of Craig!
Or Craig's Wraith, the haunting!
8->

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Hey... after the day I've had today, I don't care who's wrath I've incurred. I'm a tickin time bomb, just waiting to go off!

We needed to move, and found a house in a great location. The owner said he needed us to move in tomorrow, which meant we needed to rush the closing on our house. We were set to close at 4 today, and had the movers coming tomorrow. 9:30 this morning, I call the owner, and he informs me he rented it last night to someone else. So now we have nowhere to go. You want to talk about wrath?

K. Forman May 5th, 2006 06:29 PM

Actually, I would shoot wrestling free, because I used to enjoy watching it, until WCW went under. My Dad was a Pro/Am wrestler in the 50's, and I grew up watching it with him.

Craig Seeman May 5th, 2006 08:24 PM

Sounds like something you'd enjoy doing for a LIVING. World Wrestling Entertainment in Stamford, CT pays people every well to shoot and edit wrestling. They have a bunch of job openings on HotJobs.

The pro wrestlers . . . they get paid too.

My dad loves to draw pictures. Did so as a kid and as an adult. He got paid as an animator for Rocky and Bullwinkle. Don't think he would have housed and fed his family if he weren't getting paid.

I'd rather get PAID for doing a job I love than a job I dislike. That's why I work in video.

I honestly don't know if my landlord loves being a landlord. I have to pay him though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Actually, I would shoot wrestling free, because I used to enjoy watching it, until WCW went under. My Dad was a Pro/Am wrestler in the 50's, and I grew up watching it with him.

K. Forman May 5th, 2006 09:09 PM

I've done a ton of those "low pay" club shoots. If it's a nice place and good music, it still isn't a bad night. If the place is a dive, and the band sucks... But low paying jobs are ok when you don't have a decent gig lined up. Learning to operate on the fly in the field is a great learning experience, and fluff for the resume. And the stories... hehehe ;)

James Emory May 6th, 2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Seeman
Well your would be new landlord probably found out that you're willing to work for nothing shooting wrestling matches. He probably didn't think you were a good candidate to make the rent payment every month.

Hahaha! LMAO!!!

That is absolute bullshit using the word paid and non-paid in the same post. This is a pay per view event but......you're not gettin' paid.

Another thing that is interesting is how these types always speak of the event as if it is fully staffed, we will have this or that available and yet they don't even have a crew!