Music Soundtrack? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old February 8th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Major Player

Music Soundtrack?

Hey everyone.
A question about what people are using for their soundtracks. I don't want to lift an existing soundtrack for my upcoming episode series and would like to create my own via samples or virtual instruments. I've got a full Pro Tools rig with PT LE 7.4 and would love to find an RTAS plugin of some kind, similar to EZDrummer, but for orchestra music.

So what are you all using for your stuff?

Thanks.
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Trustee

Garritan Personal Orchestra is perhaps the best quality at a very reasonable price full orchestra:
Garritan Personal Orchestra Features

Garritan also has a Big Band, a Marching Band and various solo instruments:
Garritan Home Page
Use the drop-down "Products" menu

Eastwest SoundsOnline has numerous popular products, including full orchestras (in various versions), drum collections (the popular StormDrum used a lot by Cirque du Soleil), ethnic orchestras and instruments, choirs, and so forth:
http://www.soundsonline.com/home.php

If you are writing by hand and are not yet using a composition program, look at Sibelius 5. There are Garritan and other plug-ins:
Sibelius Basket

Native Instruments has some products to look at:
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : Products

VSL - Vienna Symphonic Library is another option:
VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARY
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Video Co Pilot - Pro Scores

This is a great tool for orchestra music because there are a lot of ways to alter the music to get different things. It comes with full orchestra pieces and complete tracks but then gives you the layers of each track. So if you like the percussion on one song and the choir on the other you can combine them and alter them (slow down, change pitch, reverse) giving you a lot of possibilities.

Then there are "Music FX" which has everything from Crescendos and Swells to different instruments doing different things...I have found it useful for every situation except, comedy or romance...all of the music is geared towards Action scenes, Suspense, Horror, Mystery, Thriller...

VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials & Post Production Tools
Luke Neumann is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production