Simple Framerate question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old May 18th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #1
New Boot

Simple Framerate question

I use ULead Video Studio 11 and when you output your project to file or DVD you have a framerate option (23.**, 24, 29.**, 30, 59.**, and 60 fps) and then a Field option...(Top field, Lower Field and Frame Based)

Here is where I need some help...If I shoot in 60i and want to keep it that way all the way through I would save with a 59.** frame rate and a Lower Field option...

If I am right on that...and that's a big if, here is my question.

Can I shoot in 60i and then make that Progressive by simply saving my file as 59.** with the Frame Based option?

I like the look of the Frame Based option but don't like the lack of frames in 24p and even 30p...if I could get those 60 frames and turn it Progressive, that would be ideal...
Luke Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Neumann View Post
I use ULead Video Studio 11 and when you output your project to file or DVD you have a framerate option (23.**, 24, 29.**, 30, 59.**, and 60 fps) and then a Field option...(Top field, Lower Field and Frame Based)

Here is where I need some help...If I shoot in 60i and want to keep it that way all the way through I would save with a 59.** frame rate and a Lower Field option...

If I am right on that...and that's a big if, here is my question.

Can I shoot in 60i and then make that Progressive by simply saving my file as 59.** with the Frame Based option?

I like the look of the Frame Based option but don't like the lack of frames in 24p and even 30p...if I could get those 60 frames and turn it Progressive, that would be ideal...
Wouldn't you convert 60i to 30p? If you convert it to 60p I would think it might create a jerky motion since each frame is repeated.
Steve LaPierre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production