rendering in after effects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old March 13th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

rendering in after effects

I just rendered a short clip in after effects, deinterlaced and all of that stuff. However, when I watch the clip on windows media player, theres no audio? How do I get the audio to work in after effects, what are the steps? thanks.
Matt Lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Choose Layer .. Switches .. Audio to toggle the checkmark.. if i recall. as long as the checkmark is toggled on, and you're exporting to an appropriate format (i.e. not GIF lol), and you have audio set to export as well.. voila.
Adam Burtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks adam..i will try it
Old April 10th, 2005, 12:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

For some reason, I did everything you said. I went to choose layer>switches > audio to toggle the checkmark and i exported out to both avi and mpeg (did two test), but I was still unsuccesful of retrieving sound. Does anyone know what the problem is here?
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #5
Major Player

Matt, when you add to the Render Queue, you need to adjust the render settings in the queue. In my case, I'm using the Lossless profile. By default, it does not import audio. Click on Lossless (or the profile of your choice), and the audio checkbox is at the bottom.
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:00 AM   #6
Air China Pilot

Re: rendering in after effects

<<<-- Originally posted by Matt Lean : I just rendered a short clip in after effects, deinterlaced and all of that stuff. However, when I watch the clip on windows media player, theres no audio? How do I get the audio to work in after effects, what are the steps? thanks. -->>>

Matt, you have to set this in your Render window. I have no idea why by default AE does this but it does not usually render audio with the clip.

Note: I use AE 5.5 so I don't know if this is the case in later versions.

Ctrl-M to make movie.

Then click on the Output Module Settings for the render item in your queue.

Make sure Audio Output is checked and then choose your audio setting.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production