Good Reference Source for Color at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old July 9th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #1
Tourist

Good Reference Source for Color

This inquiry refers to emulating color treatments with digital video; whether at capture or in post processing.

Does anyone have a good reference source for different color treatments and filters? I am looking for a great book with sample images using various film stocks, filters, and processing treatments. Internet sites or articles would help as well. The ideal reference source would have the following characteristics. First, it would help me understand the terminology in a quick manner (think cliff notes; not wavelengths of light). Second, it would help me understand how to relate this technique in the digital capture realm. Third, it may give me insight on emulating the effect in a color correction bay. Hopefully, this reference does not cost like a billion dollars either.

My goal relates to having a reference source to decipher client’s desire in the realm of color treatments and apply them in the video realm.
Robert Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Robert,

It seems I was at Barnes & Noble a few months ago and the still photography section is full of books with titles like "Beginner's Guide to Photography" and the like that are excellent illustrated books to photography concepts. They include all the info on filters, but also on concepts like apertures, shutters speeds, focal lengths, etc. demonstrating what they all do. Information that all videographers should know, but many have never learned.

Josh
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production