American Actors marketable internationally at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old September 10th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

American Actors marketable internationally

Hey all,

Does anyone have any information regarding American Actors who market very well internationally, but may not necessarily be major names in the United States?

And, as a sub question

Does anybody have any leads or directions towards a resource to answer the above question?

Just doing my due diligence...

Dean
Dean Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:24 AM   #2
Major Player

David Hasselhoff will probably earn more money in Germany than in the US. Or perhaps that was in the early 90's when he realeased those four albums in german?

Don "Tha Dragon" Wilson will be more marketable over seas than in the US. Or is he Canadian?

And Marc Dacascos will probably sell more tickets in France.
Old September 11th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Martin,

I've been pounding around this message board long enough to remember you had a slasher film you directed.

How did that project work out? I recall it looking pretty slick, with the double anamorphic technique.

Dean
Dean Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 07:16 AM   #4
Major Player

You were on to something there. Can it be that actors that originate from your own country/neighbouring country adds a certain "interest" to a film? I know that when Peter Stormare sang a swedish song in "Minority Report" the entire cinema was laughing hysterically since we knew that song. It's kind of flirting with the audience. David Hasselhof is german originally isn't he? And that french dude...

I also believe that the swedish audience and probably the western european market takes less interest in "stars" and more about the movie and it's quality. Of course a "star" adds interest.

My best bet is actors that appear regular in series. The series Alias, CSI, Lost, Deadwood et c have a lot of audience. I believe that those main actors might be cheaper for a movie than let's say Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise et c.
Fredrik-Larsson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production