Does anyone know how to solve this keyframe problem in Premeire Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old November 9th, 2020, 02:02 AM   #1
also known as Ryan Wray

Does anyone know how to solve this keyframe problem in Premeire Pro?

I have an effect I want to that involves using key frames. Adding the keyframes to do the effect causes the footage to have to pre-rendered of course. The bar on the timeline is red, and I have to pre-render so the bar is green and everything plays much better.

However, after I pre-render, the keyframes all reset to the defaults that the footage was at before I changed the keyframe settings. I haven't had this happened before and cannot find any help online on how to fix it. Is there a way to pre-render, without the keyframes being reset to default?
Ryan Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2020, 11:54 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Does anyone know how to solve this keyframe problem in Premeire Pro?

What do you mean they return to the defaults the footage was at before? What are you actually doing? Mine don't reset on the effects I use? which process is it?
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2020, 12:25 PM   #3
also known as Ryan Wray

I am doing a title sequence where the titles move onto the screen. I am using key frames to move them. But when I pre-render the sequence, all the titles are not still because the keyframes have moved back to the positions and are not moving after, and they are in the positions they would have been, had I not added keyframes. That's what I mean by them resetting to default positions.
Old November 9th, 2020, 05:51 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I’m afraid I can’t replicate this Ryan. Have you changed anything? My key frames remain. Rendering makes no difference. However moving a few titles shouldn’t stress your machine unless you’re doing something very complicated.
Old November 9th, 2020, 10:28 PM   #5
also known as Ryan Wray

Oh okay thanks, for trying. No, I cannot think of anything else. I am moving the title over footage of fire. The fire has an alpha channel in it, because it's from Action Essentials II, but all I can think of that may be unique is there is an alpha channel. I cannot think of anything else.
Old November 10th, 2020, 02:00 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Hang on. Yo mean the fire is rendered so it’s smooth, but the key frames in a simple overlaid title vanish? That sounds like a file error. I’d rebuild that section before you go an6 further in case it wrecks the edit that follows. Go back a few save versions and do it again. When something like this happened to me I had to re-edit a few days worth once when the problem which was small, became deadly.
Old November 10th, 2020, 11:41 AM   #7
also known as Ryan Wray

Oh okay thanks. I went back to a previous saved point and then rebuilt it it's the same thing after I render and the keyframes reset. Is there anything else I can do?
Old November 10th, 2020, 01:07 PM   #8
Inner Circle

I won't have the image files, but I can try to load it up and see if there's anything I can see without the files? Feel free to send me the premiere file and I'll have a look.
Old November 11th, 2020, 02:52 AM   #9
also known as Ryan Wray

Oh okay, thank you very much. Well I am not sure how to send an editing file though.

However, I tried exporting the video, without it being pre-rendered. So I guess all I have to do is not have the title sequence pre-rendered, so it plays smooth, and just keep it rough with a red bar, if that makes sense, because then the keyframes will still be there... And just keep it non-pre-rendered, because then it will export with the key frames properly?

If that makes sense...
Old November 11th, 2020, 02:57 PM   #10
Inner Circle

I'm guessing you don't have a decent graphics card on the list? I never bother to render anything as it plays fine on the fly. Glad you sorted it
Old November 11th, 2020, 09:06 PM   #11
also known as Ryan Wray

Oh I'm not sure, my card has seemed to work fine for the most part. I was told that if you export the movie, before pre-rendering, that it could cause problems in the video though, if that's true?
Old November 12th, 2020, 03:01 AM   #12
Inner Circle

No rubbish! When exporting it has to render it, so it takes longer. Rendering just helps the editing speed. In premiere if your card is on their list and supports on card processing, rendering becomes a thing of the past. If you have too much clever stuff the processor struggles with, rendering is a part solution. With an ordinary graphics card rendering is necessary to just get it to play, but with a proper graphics card with on board processing, you do things, press play and it does. You forget about all the cups of coffee you used to have to make while you waited.

Last edited by Paul R Johnson; November 13th, 2020 at 02:18 AM.
Old November 12th, 2020, 06:55 PM   #13
also known as Ryan Wray

Oh okay that's what I thought. Thanks! Well as long as not pre-rendering will work to keep the keyframes where they are without any additional problems.
Old November 13th, 2020, 02:18 AM   #14
Inner Circle

Don’t forget you haven’t solved the problem, just found a good workaround.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production