Hip Hop Xl1s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old March 15th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hip Hop Xl1s

Hello people, I just wraped my first hip hop video shot on my Xl1s. Tell me what you think. I have a link posted on the main page. you need Flash 8. It was all shot will a 1/1000 shutter angle and treated with magic bullet.

www.irezfilms.8m.com
Bryan Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #2
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

looks OK to me ... as i was viewing i kept thinking that it would have a different feel if it used a 35mm adaptor to get rid of all the deep focus on many shoots..

the "girl" thing just doesn't work for me but then i'm a much older viewer.
the guys look like their having a good time while the women ? ( you want me to do what!)
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Bryan-I Liked it......especially for your 1st shot at a music vid....and I was diggin the chicks, and i'm 34yrs. I like hip hop though...so its all good. I may have mixed up the shutter speed.....maybe shoot the trucks in action at 1/1000....everything else standard maybe? Overall...nice job and you'll only get better at it.
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for all your comments.I really appreciate it. It was interesting shooting it, I come from a film background and actually loved the Music Video Process.
Bryan Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I enjoyed this video, pretty cool all the way through. There was a nice use of shutter speed, although perhaps maybe a 'tiny' bit too much. That said, I've still to add a music video to my site, as everyone I've done until now have been pretty crap.

The song was really good too. Although I have to admit that I found the second guy the most credible, as the other two looked as if they weren't 100% comfortable in front of the camera. In fact, the first guy could almost pass for an I.T consultant in a shirt & tie. :)
James Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #6
Regular Crew

HAHAHAHA yea thats true. They did feel a little out of it. Thanks for the feedback.
Bryan Ramirez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production