Procoder 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old April 20th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #1
New Boot

Procoder 2.0

Footage was shot on DVX100 in 24p standard mode, edited on AXP 5.24 under 23.976.

I’m having problem finding the right setting out of Avis to QT and than in to procoder 2.0. After running lots of test, my picture is still jittery.

I would appreciate any brilliant person with the answer to proper setting out of Avid to QT and than the proper setting in Procoder 2.0.

Fred
Frederick Dooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 12:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

What kind of file are you trying to produce? What's the ultimate delivery? Why are you creating a QT middle-man file?

To extract true 24P, the DVX's 24P advanced mode with the 2:3:3:2 cadence should've been used instead of standard, which adds a "C" frame which is more difficult to remove.

If you're trying to make an MPG2 for DVD, can't the Avid generate that file directly?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production