One color pop - the rest desaturated - fastest method? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old June 5th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Man, I called it Vega, I'm sorry, it really is Vegas...

Ken,

I have looked in Vegas 6.0, am I just missing it or is there no secondary color corrector? I have seen the step-by-step manual but I can't find the plugin in Vegas 6.0.
Joshua Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:49 PM   #17
Trustee

Joshua,

Edward Troxel (Vegas guru and jetdv guy) wrote that article in October 2003, so that must have been Vegas 4 or so. It should be in:
FX-Filter Packages-Sony Color Corrector (secondary)

If you can't find it just ask at the Vegas forum. There's always someone pretty smart close by. That's one of the main reasons I chose Vegas, (because of the great support on this board).

Don't double post it both here and there though or you'll get nuked.
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Ken,

I posted it in the Vegas thread after I saw this one. I'll keep it there then. Thanks for the help.
Joshua Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Leong View Post
The Avid MC I'm using now at work doesn't have that setting, but maybe XPress HD does too?
Chris, you can do this in any Avid, quick & dirty (well actually it CAN look quite good).

try this:

V2 - dupe of the clip you wish to apply effect to, with Chroma Key effect
V1 - original clip, B&W effect

Chroma Key's Effect Editor on the V2 clip, use the Key to color sample the color you want to isolate. Tweak to get the best results with the Key parameters (gain, soft, hue, etc.)

If you have Boris BCC plugin, or something similar, you can get a cleaner key, but with more time tweaking. I always try native Avid filters 1st if the clip doesn't have too many similar colors. Like I said... quick & dirty/clean.
Bill
Bill Busby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production