HD Production in Spokane WA at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old November 30th, 2007, 11:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HD Production in Spokane WA

Hello all! My name is Damon Mentzer, I live in Spokane WA, and I just started Digital Cross Media Productions.
Ive got 2 JVC HD110u's, Adobe Master Collection, Final Cut Studio 2, Steadicam Pilot, and more.
I plan on working primarily with other production groups in or passing through the area.
SO...anyone else in the area? I want to get to know all the other pro's around, especially an Audio tech!
Damon Mentzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey bro, that's my hometown!

It sounds like a sweet mix of gear. I hope you do well.
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:28 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Mentzer View Post
Hello all! My name is Damon Mentzer, I live in Spokane WA, and I just started Digital Cross Media Productions.
Ive got 2 JVC HD110u's, Adobe Master Collection, Final Cut Studio 2, Steadicam Pilot, and more.
I plan on working primarily with other production groups in or passing through the area.
SO...anyone else in the area? I want to get to know all the other pro's around, especially an Audio tech!
Wowzers, someone from Spokane eh?

I shoot with a Canon XH-A1 and I am just starting in the area...I edit with Sony Vegas.

my email is dannyhensley@gmail.com if you wanna talk to me more extensively. I'm definitely looking for someone to work with in the area.
Danny Hensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 07:42 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Spokane

Hey I'm in Spokane....been in the production world here since 04'. I currently shoot with an HVX200. e-mail me with your # and I'll call you. It's always interesting hearing what others got going on locally. Oh I suppose you can PM here on the board as well.
Daniel Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:28 AM   #5
Major Player

WOW alot of us Spokanites. hey everyone, I am a Steadicam Operator here in Spokane also. PM me, love to see the pilot.

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2007, 01:42 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Greetings! Nice to hear from people so quick! I'm currently running a show, and then off to Twisp WA until early Jan, so I'm pretty difficult to get ahold of.

I have been an actor in the area for a while now, before starting this business, and got a gig in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead. As a great learning experience, I'm bringing pretty much all of my traveling gear, including the steadicam (oh Ive sooooo much to learn on this baby, but love it!) This will be a great chance to document the whole play process, and edit into ....something...were not quite sure what yet :)

One other benefit; Most of those involved in the play are also the key 5 people involved in a movie to be filmed next summer/fall. We are trying for a 30-60k budget, with my equipment costs to be almost completely transfered to points. Needless to say, I believe in this one. We will be looking to hire the tech and pro's we can get (again, anyone know of a good, field capture Audio man? pref with film experience.)

So, I will be talking to you guys early after the holidays, unless you want to contact email....
dcmproductions-at-hotmail.com is active, I check everyday.

heheh thanks Dana

Last edited by Damon Mentzer; December 2nd, 2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: darn good advice
Damon Mentzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2007, 11:45 AM   #7
Major Player

A note about email addresses: Spammers have software to scan websites and forums for live emails, then sell them. Pretty lame. If you put -at- instead of @ it's safer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood