Hi, from Wales UK at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 12th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hi, from Wales UK

Just a note to introduce myself, I'm Tony and I started out with a cine camera at the age of fifteen, splicing etc, etc. That was many years ago and now in my early fifties.
Nine years ago I took up videography mainly for weddings and some other functions. I also do photography (professionally for 2 years) for weddings only and usually combine that with videography. In fact I'm off to a wedding this morning for photos and video (in a hotel) and again tomorrow for a church wedding for video only.

The past two days I have been browsing the forum and picked up a lot of wealthy information , techniques and tips, it goes to show that your never too old to learn.
Thanks for sharing your experiences and I'm looking forward to learn more and I hope too that I can contribute in any way.
Anthony J. Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:04 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi Anthony, welcome aboard, from someone not a million miles away.

Paul.
Old June 13th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Depending on where in Wales you are you might be able to see me on the Isle of Man(although I live in Peel on the West coast so you'd need to be quite tall...:0)
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #4
Major Player

Well Hello I'm living in Cardiff at the moment!
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for your greetings.
I'm in the north part of Wales a little place named Rhos-on-sea.
Sorry for the delay in replying, but being a little busy, video-ing weddings at a castle (Bodelwyddan), a church (Northop) and on a beach (Barmouth) since my first post and going through the edits.
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:25 AM   #6
Trustee

Hi Anthony.
How are you getting on with the weddings ? Are you just starting out ?
I'm just starting out with weddings,done 4 now, working with someone established.
Although i want to film anything and everything.

Paul.
Old July 1st, 2008, 02:52 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Paul, This is my 8th year in doing weddings in videography and the third year in doing photography. I have a small team, an assistant videographer and an assistant photographer.
Depending on the size of the wedding I may work alone. But if I do video and photography I always have the team with me. I do video far more than photography though.
There are quite a lot of photographers in North wales but only few videographers.
I enjoy doing weddings and have a lot of fun editing the film, even though I have a basic idea in editing the day I do my best to be creative and try to make each video different.
Other than weddings my last other project was doing a film for the Disability of Wales and in particular video-ing slapping skins.
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony J. Howe View Post
Other than weddings my last other project was doing a film for the Disability of Wales and in particular video-ing slapping skins.
I was unfamiliar with the expression "slapping skins" so I googled it. I wish now that I hadn't.
:-)

What do you mean by it, if I may ask?
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:48 AM   #9
Trustee

Anthony.
Your quite well established then.
If you need another cam/operator on any shoots then give me a shout, i don't mind travelling.

Paul.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:34 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
I was unfamiliar with the expression "slapping skins" so I googled it. I wish now that I hadn't.
:-)

What do you mean by it, if I may ask?
Google it and you will come up with all sorts of weird things. Slapping skins is actually african drums (Djembe), where they actually beat the skin (or slap) that's over the over the top part of the drum.
It was a form of exercise for those disabled to take part in it themselves. This was only a small part of the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kellett View Post
Anthony.
Your quite well established then.
If you need another cam/operator on any shoots then give me a shout, i don't mind travelling.

Paul.
Thanks Paul, I will keep it mind.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 04:07 AM   #11
Trustee

Quote:
Slapping skins is actually african drums (Djembe), where they actually beat the skin (or slap) that's over the over the top part of the drum.
It was a form of exercise for those disabled to take part in it themselves. This was only a small part of the video.
Thanks for that Anthony. I feel rather silly now as I'm a school Head of Music, but I had honestly never heard the term before. It all makes sense now.

We do a lot of drumkit work and that has been frequently described in colourful terms by the staff in the technology department through the wall, but that's one they missed too (as in "could you lot please cease slapping your skins so I can teach my class!").
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:20 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
Thanks for that Anthony. I feel rather silly now as I'm a school Head of Music, but I had honestly never heard the term before. It all makes sense now.

We do a lot of drumkit work and that has been frequently described in colourful terms by the staff in the technology department through the wall, but that's one they missed too (as in "could you lot please cease slapping your skins so I can teach my class!").
For you Colin, here is a clip from the DVD I produced, that shows a little of the slapping skins.
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=DW3.flv
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:26 AM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
For you Colin, here is a clip from the DVD I produced, that shows a little of the slapping skins.
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=DW3.flv
Thanks for that, Tony. I enjoyed that clip - it looks like they are all having fun too!
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood