DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Vancouver (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/2250-hello-vancouver.html)

Ronald Lee November 1st, 2005 06:50 PM

Looking for a shooter for 1 hour, Thursday Nov 3rd, night

Hi there,

A friend of mine is having his CD release party (he's a record producer and singer), at Azure (Plaza of Nations) this thursday night, Nov 3rd and he is looking for someone to shoot his live performance. His performance is 10 mins and the shooter should be there from 10:30pm.

Would anyone be interested in doing this, perhaps for experience or a future music video contact? I would do it but I'm working that day already.

There is no pay, but free food and hot women there. Please email me asap if you can do it.
eb7g@ shaw.ca

Glen Chua November 17th, 2005 07:51 PM

So guys... any word on this film titled Lollipop Kisses yet??

Scott Harper November 20th, 2005 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson Dewey
This will be my first post here, although I've been lurking for a couple months.
I just bought a Canon XL1S ("experienced) and am learning how to use it. No doubt I'll have questions.
I work in film (storyboarding) but the camera is for my avocation - a desire to do some documentaries.

I'm looking forward to participating!

Nelson

Hey Nelson, wonder if you want some storyboard work. Let me know.

Cody Mielke November 26th, 2005 04:36 AM

Hey, Im from Burnaby, near the Coquitlam border. Just wanted to pass along a note, that I have started a small rental company "Guerilla Film & Video Rentals" (http://www.guerillarentals.com) and am currently renting Mini35.

Its been used on Digital Interference's / Colin Minihans - Cherrybomb - Moving to the city. (http://www.digitalinterference.net) For those of you familiar with the work.

Graham Clark November 26th, 2005 10:54 AM

It's nice to see so many active video folks in Vancouver. I live in East Van, and my thing is teaching music video production to school kids. This is far from pro level work, but we all have a lot of fun. If you are curious, I have 3 of our videos posted in the movies section at:

http://www3.telus.net/imagestreamstudio/

The titles are "Sk8erboi", "Rosahelikopter", and "I Can".

I want to expand the program and I'm wondering if anyone knows of grants I could apply for to get more equipment, or maybe knows who might want to donate equipment to a good cause. I could probably arrange a tax receipt through the Vancouver School Board. I'm not looking for pro level gear, although I wouldn't turn it down, just miniDVs, cheap lights, maybe some more greenscreen fabric, and possibly a few computers the can handle basic editing. I don't really expect much, but it never hurts to ask : )

Tyler Walton December 16th, 2005 11:03 PM

From Williams Lake, Cariboo, BC

Hey all,

I'm from Williams Lake, north of Vancouver by 6 hours driving.

My team is just starting in instructional videos.
I'm probably gonna run with a Canon GL1 and a Dual G5/Final Cut.

Many interests, many hobbies.
Video Production is the latest.

Glen Chua December 18th, 2005 10:28 PM

Hey sorry abuot that, nevermind! Thanks again!

Ronald Lee January 30th, 2006 09:49 PM

Say, anyone have a PD170? I want to put it on the Steadicam Merlin and test it to see how it feels, weights, etc... as well as compare the lowlight to my camera now and see how good it is (I'm told it's excellent).

I can be reached at audio90@shaw.ca

ron

Ronald Lee February 2nd, 2006 11:12 AM

Anyone still read this thread?

Hey guys in Vancouver, I'm going to be looking for some postproduction help with some videos I'm making (help production help as well....perhaps two DVX100's?).

Anyhow, here are the postings:

---
Hello, I am looking for some Digital Video Effects Help.

Job description: I am looking for someone to help with several instructional videos I am making. I will be asking for titles and simple visual effects/compositing, such as drawing arrows to indicate how the actor should move, perhaps CGI models of people so we can show how what direction they should go. Would be great if you also knew how to author DVD's, with subtitles and a second track. This is volunteer, simple and any student can do this. An honorarium is offered, $100 per DVD worked on.

Job qualifications: Someone who is an expert in a program that can do this, either PC or Mac, has his own/complete access to high end computers and software, and is reliable, a self starter and able to complete this fast. This may lead to future jobs.

Apply by sending me an email with your resume and a description of how you would use your skills in Adobe After Effects, Maya, Soft Image, or whatever program of your choice, to make this. I will also be asking for samples of work.

---
Hello, I am looking for someone to author some DVDs.

I am seeking someone who knows how to author a DVD, including subtitles, second audio tracks, menus. DVD anti-copy encryption knowledge would be great.

Job qualifications: Have own DVD writing program (I have DVD Lab-Pro, if needed), subtitling program, a self starter, able to get projects done fast.

Apply by sending me an email with your resume and a description of how you would use your skills in your authoring program of your choice, to make this. I will also be asking for samples of work.

---

My email is audio90@shaw.caNOSPAM

Saturnin Kondratiew February 2nd, 2006 11:30 AM

hey ron,copy protection is pretty pricey and not worth it, if someone wants to copy your dvd they will, plenty of ways around it. In my humble opinion is a waste of money that can be put into somthing else.
when i heal and such i'll see if ihave time to help u out man! I still havnet even used the merlin yet, lol.
How did your trip to montreal go?

Ronald Lee February 2nd, 2006 01:03 PM

Montreal was great. Very attractive women. I worked the whole time, the weekend was a write off, and outside of that, I was in meetings.

The merlin....worked great. definite learning curve to it.I can't imagine how you would balance your DVX on it after you fully load it. YOu'll need extra extra weights.

Saturnin Kondratiew February 2nd, 2006 06:02 PM

yah, the only thing i have on the dvx is a wide angle and 9hr battery
and it works awesome, yah its heavy but hey, gotta do what u gotta do right..lol

yah i hear that montreal girls are easy!

Glen Chua February 2nd, 2006 07:24 PM

I love French women.

Saturnin Kondratiew February 3rd, 2006 01:26 PM

hahaah u love their unshaved pit hair. :P

Glen Chua February 3rd, 2006 02:37 PM

You know it man, hehe, anyways, any new projects coming up?