DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Vancouver (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/2250-hello-vancouver.html)

Earon Kavanagh March 13th, 2005 08:09 PM

Re: crossing the border

<<<-- Originally posted by Lorinda Norton : All right. Which one of you told my 20 year-old son that the drinking age in Canada is only nineteen? ; )

He and some college buddies were in Vancouver this weekend for a judo tournament. Last night they sampled the refreshments in several of your bars, with "some Irish pub" voted by the group to be the most fun.

I asked if I can expect more weekend sojourns, but apparently, it's an eight hour drive from their school in North Idaho. So, if any of you were in town last night and saw some unfamiliar-looking rowdy boys, one of them was probably mine. He was so innocent when he left home.... -->>>
It wasn't me...honest. I used to play in celtic bands in a few irish bare in vancouver. i can't say which pub he was in, but there's a few thhat are a lot of fun on a saturday night.
earon

Shane Ingles March 14th, 2005 12:53 AM

Vancouver based

Hey there... Im in Vancouver! I also wanted to post about some upcoming opportunities on our production filming April.6-11 and then 14-19 in Vancouver. Were looking for any and everything if your interested. All you need is hands and common sense. so please email shane@1501films.com for info.

Cheers... And here is the original post.

1) Has anyone heard about a seperate focus and/or zoom controller for this beast of a camera? Looking for something so we can use a steady cam and have all the functions in hand.

2) We are a Vancouver based filmmaking commune and are currently in pre-production of our second feature which is a scifi comedy/interactive project. Which will be shot in a Vancouver studio between April. 6~11 and April.14~19.
We are attempting to do some pretty interesting things with this project and are looking for anyone interested in helping out, while also learning at the same.

What were looking for is anyone with the new SONY HD Camera. We are planning to have a couple ourselves but are looking for quite a few for atleast one day, when we are going to attempt an atleast 10 camera BulletTime sequence.

So... If you have one of these new cameras and are looking to test it out with a new and innovative project. Please send a general email to shane@1501films.com and in the meantime please check us out at www.1501films.com and 2 of our other cast/roomates pages at www.dustinladd.com and www.aubreytennant.com and then within the next week or so we should have the actual movie website up at www.labcoatunderground.com

Don't be shy about replying were a bunch of funny and interesting Vancouver residents. So if your interested in this project, please ask any questions you like.

And does anyone know of there being a zoom/focus controller for the SONY DV camera?

Cheers

Lorinda Norton March 14th, 2005 10:00 PM

Re: Re: crossing the border

<<<-- Originally posted by Earon Kavanagh : It wasn't me...honest. I used to play in celtic bands in a few irish bare in vancouver. i can't say which pub he was in, but there's a few thhat are a lot of fun on a saturday night.
earon -->>>

Okay, Earon; you're off the hook. : )

He said he thinks the pub was Doolin's. Then he rattled off something about Sky and a couple of parrots (??). It sounds like they had a fabulous time!!

Thanks for the reply!

Earon Kavanagh March 14th, 2005 11:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: crossing the border

<<<-- Originally posted by Lorinda Norton : <<<-- Originally posted by Earon Kavanagh : It wasn't me...honest. I used to play in celtic bands in a few irish bare in vancouver. i can't say which pub he was in, but there's a few thhat are a lot of fun on a saturday night.
earon -->>>

He said he thinks the pub was Doolin's. Then he rattled off something about Sky and a couple of parrots (??). It sounds like they had a fabulous time!!

Thanks for the reply! -->>>

Lorinda,
Doolins is downtown and he'd have a good time there. But a far better time this Yhurdday - Paddy's Day. Tell him you've got spies everywhere :-)
cheers,
earon

Dylan Couper March 15th, 2005 12:21 AM

Re: Re: Re: crossing the border

<<<-- Originally posted by Lorinda Norton : <<<-- Originally posted by Earon Kavanagh : It wasn't me...honest. I used to play in celtic bands in a few irish bare in vancouver. i can't say which pub he was in, but there's a few thhat are a lot of fun on a saturday night.
earon -->>>

Thanks for the reply! -->>>

Tell him to go to Brandy's next time. It's a great... cough... pub.

As for the other recent posters, there are a lot of us DVinfo members here in Vancity.

Shane, we have specific forums for your questions, please ask them there. You'll get answers.

Maybe it's time for another DVinfo Vancouver meeting. The last one turned out well enough.

Alex Melnikov March 16th, 2005 11:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: crossing the border

-->>>

Maybe it's time for another DVinfo Vancouver meeting. The last one turned out well enough. -->>>

Yes, we definitely need another one. Just make sure to plan it a few weeks in advance and remind me a week prior :-)

Dylan Couper March 17th, 2005 12:04 PM

ANyone else interested that are reading this thread?

Dan Diaconu March 17th, 2005 04:42 PM

Count me in.

Earon Kavanagh March 17th, 2005 06:21 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : ANyone else interested that are reading this thread? -->>>

count me in too.
earon

Rob Lohman March 19th, 2005 06:24 AM

Can I come too? <g>

Dylan Couper March 19th, 2005 10:11 AM

Rob, you make it here and I'll buy the sake.

If we did another meeting, any preferences of location? Sky train accessible?

Dan Diaconu March 19th, 2005 10:39 AM

Anything downtown will be good for all (central). Anytime.

Earon Kavanagh March 19th, 2005 10:59 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Diaconu : Anything downtown will be good for all (central). Anytime. -->>>

There's a great place on 7th 1/2 block east of Main - ncalled the Whip. They sell Cloud beer. Very good.
earon

Dan Diaconu March 19th, 2005 12:21 PM

OK. If is not too noisy (so we can all talk) Starbucks just as well....Who else is coming and when? A week from today? What time? Others?

Earon Kavanagh March 19th, 2005 03:27 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Diaconu : OK. If is not too noisy (so we can all talk) Starbucks just as well....Who else is coming and when? A week from today? What time? Others? -->>>
week from today is goog.
earon