DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from Vancouver (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/2250-hello-vancouver.html)

Ronald Lee March 19th, 2005 06:10 PM

if you do decide to hold one, please email everyone in this thread individually as well.

Dan Diaconu March 19th, 2005 06:18 PM

here here!!!
What time would work for you guys?
Morning, noon, afternoon, eve? should we vote?;-)<

Dylan Couper March 20th, 2005 05:48 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Ronald Ng : if you do decide to hold one, please email everyone in this thread individually as well. -->>>

Hell No. Do I look like a secretary? :)

You guys pick the time and place, the last time we did it was at a place on Commercial, in the evening. I think the best bet would be to make it a weekday evening after the dinner rush.

Alex Melnikov March 20th, 2005 06:16 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : <<<-- Originally posted by Ronald Ng : if you do decide to hold one, please email everyone in this thread individually as well. -->>>

You guys pick the time and place, the last time we did it was at a place on Commercial, in the evening. I think the best bet would be to make it a weekday evening after the dinner rush. -->>>

Evenings sound good to me too (after 5:30pm), I wouldnt mind a downtown location either. I do take a skytrain to and from work, but I am fine if I have to walk a few blocks.

Earon Kavanagh March 20th, 2005 08:53 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Alex Melnikov : <<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : <<<-- Originally posted by Ronald Ng : if you do decide to hold one, please email everyone in this thread individually as well. -->>>

You guys pick the time and place, the last time we did it was at a place on Commercial, in the evening. I think the best bet would be to make it a weekday evening after the dinner rush. -->>>

Evenings sound good to me too (after 5:30pm), I wouldnt mind a downtown location either. I do take a skytrain to and from work, but I am fine if I have to walk a few blocks. -->>>

Ok so after 5:30 during the week. that's a start. now where?
earon

Dylan Couper March 21st, 2005 01:07 AM

Somewhere with booze. And food.

The Cecil?

Nah, I guess that would be too loud.

Ronald Lee March 25th, 2005 11:44 AM

Say, I may as well ask if anyone has any interest and experience in music video? That has been a long interest and hobby of mine.

Dan Diaconu March 25th, 2005 12:06 PM

Yes, big time.

Ronald Lee April 13th, 2005 01:12 AM

May I suggest, a meeting, this Thursday at 8pm, at Joe's Cafe, 1180 Commercial Dr. @ William St?

Short notice, so it's just suggestion.

Dan Diaconu April 13th, 2005 10:12 AM

we'll make it this time.... (have to use the net to meet pips from the same village....)

Earon Kavanagh April 13th, 2005 10:43 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Ronald Ng : May I suggest, a meeting, this Thursday at 8pm, at Joe's Cafe, 1180 Commercial Dr. @ William St?

Short notice, so it's just suggestion. -->>>

OK - io can make joe's at 8pm tomorrow night (thursday). i hope the hell people show up.
earon

David Stone April 13th, 2005 10:55 AM

I thought Ronald was busy with the Commercial competition this weekend. Why the rush for a meeting on such short notice?

Ronald Lee April 13th, 2005 11:30 AM

Why not? It's good to meet anyway.

Dan Diaconu April 13th, 2005 12:00 PM

Guys, here is a small "incentive" to make it to this meeting:
bring you own camcorders and I will get the image converter I made and some lenses to try it out on them. That should be fun...(without creating a big diversion from the agenda) If we could also change the time to an earlier hour to get some day light, would be good as well.

Earon Kavanagh April 13th, 2005 02:10 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Diaconu : Guys, here is a small "incentive" to make it to this meeting:
bring you own camcorders and I will get the image converter I made and some lenses to try it out on them. That should be fun...(without creating a big diversion from the agenda) If we could also change the time to an earlier hour to get some day light, would be good as well. -->>>

ok dan,
i'm definitely in. i'll bring the dvx100. i don't have any lenses, though. the agreed upon time is 8 pm so far.
earon