Hi from Spain at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 4th, 2003, 05:39 AM   #1
Tourist

comedy in spain

Hi folks Im a newbie here so just wanted to say hello to you all. Im british but live in spain on the costa blanca. Ive joined the club because Ive just bought a gl2 and dont have a clue about videoing other than the usual home movie stuff. I dont know what it was but I woke up one morning and felt drawn to the interest of getting deeply involved in making videos. I´m a professional comedian working in the holiday venues on the costa blanca and I have lots of ideas for doings skits and fly on the wall stuff with the contacts I have over here. I´m also hoping that my colleagues in the comedy world will be open to being followed and filmed. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated and I will apologise in advance for my barrage of requests for advice and tips.
Gary Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2003, 11:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Gary!

I am also in Spain, on the South coast, aptly named the Costa de la Luz!
If you're around this area (I live in Jerez) send me a message, or call me up. The info is on the website, and we'll have a sherry!
And that goes for all other DVInfoNet members who happen to be around too!
Good luck with your GL2 Gary!

Dan.
Old December 4th, 2003, 12:28 PM   #3
Wrangler

Well, this is completely off-topic, but can either of you suggest something fun to do in Barcelona this New Years?
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #4
Major Player

Paul,

Check: http://www.bcn.es/english/ihome.htm

or just go and lose yourself in the maze of streets, my favourite way of getting to know a city.

Have a great time!

Dan.
Old February 19th, 2004, 09:49 AM   #5
Major Player

Ejem.. Hi

Now that ED Smith said Hi after 2 years I don´t feel too bad to say hi after 8 months hanging around here.

So I´m 28. I´m "officially" a Licensed Pedagogist. Which gives me license to teach... allthough I have only been teaching to myself for the last 4 years (Video and Filmmaking of course)... And I consider this forum to be something like the virtual college lounge or something like that.

I´m originally from Caracas, Venezuela, but moved to Barcelona Spain 4 years ago to try to achieve my goals-dreams... and that is to make movies.
I´ve also studied Filmmaking for 2 years but dropped out because of money issues.

So far I´ve only made fiction and art video shorts, a few concerts, a pair of comediants, and most recently I did an Ad for a discotheque that is playing right now on Local TV.

I compose and perform the music on my video work, so I could be called a pseudo-musician... (I´ve played in a rock band for 10 years and make electronic music for the last 4... but I have no clue as how to read or write music).

I also write a lot of screenplays that never get made.
And I also like to paint, take pictures, write short stories, and a whole lot of other things...
So I guess I´m some kind of Renaisance Man wannabe... (Days should have 10 more hours)...

And I actually make a living (or surviving) out of some web design and programming (PHP, ActionScript, you know the drill).

I´m also considering moving out of Spain, to somewhere else in the next few years... maybe Australia, New Zealand or Canada.. Any suggestions?
Old February 20th, 2004, 05:58 AM   #6
RED Code Chef

Thank you very much for your "introduction", Federico! That's
appreciated. Don't we all wish a day had more hours. Too much
todo with too little time. Oh well. Seems like you are doing some
things you love, and that's always good!

I don't have any suggestions for you about moving to another
country. Sorry.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2004, 06:49 AM   #7
Wrangler

Hi Federico,

Well I thought that I better do it. I don't know why I did not do it when I first joined!!! - Guess I was a little nervous? But theres no need to be!!!

Anyway welcome.

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2004, 07:15 AM   #8
Major Player

I don´t know why I didn´t introduced myself before "either".
I guess I´m still learning my "virtual-community" social skills.

I´m not very fund of participating in forums or chats, but the politeness and professionalism (not to mention the contents) of DVINFO are well worth the time spent.
Old April 20th, 2004, 03:40 AM   #9
Tourist

Hi from Spain

Hi All
I've sold up in the UK and moved to southern Spain , Tarifa, just next to morroco.
The area is Costa de la luz, The coast of Light. And it is really fabulous

I'd spent 20 years bumming around video and facilities in London, as a techie,enough was enough.

I'm in the process of opening a cyber games cafe, mainly because it gives me a little work shop in the rear of the cafe

and tons of computing power, and I can dabble in electronics, and edit windsurf videos that I shoot on my XL1s

My current project, after getting the cyber cafe up and running is to build a waterproof minature microwave linked
camera that can be clamped to the top of a windsurf sail, and try and get some pixs of windsurfers doing loops.

I think I can get about 2 or 3Km range from those little 10mW 2.4Ghz video transmittes, with some high gain helical
antennas that I have built

Fun Times Ahead

Martin
Old April 20th, 2004, 03:49 AM   #10
Outer Circle

Welcome to DVinfo, Martin! I hope everything works out for you in Spain.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 01:13 PM   #11
Regular Crew

dv filmmaking scene in spain:how is it?

hola

i'm studying in spain this year and i don't wanna keep being active in filmmaking. i'm actually going to sevilla. anybody got any tips to make connections(forums, clubs, whatever...)?

gracias

peace
Yohann Kouam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 01:18 AM   #12
New Boot

Hi from Cadiz, Spain!

Hello everyone! I live in Europe -Spain- and i am glad to have known a forum like this. Thanks to all of you because I'm learning more here than I've done in the several courses I've attended!
I am now making a series of short pieces which I've showing in the www.jindama.com web. It's all amateur, but I am putting courage to this. I am using the Panasonic gs500, no tripod, several auto store lights and a couple of reflectors. I'm recording sound via minidisc and... lots of hours of postproduction! I hope you like the pieces!! All the actors are friends of mine...

See you and good luck!!
Jose Prada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:21 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Hi Jose............

Glad to have you on board.

Good luck with the productions!

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 05:49 PM   #14
Major Player

Where?

Hi Gary

Where on Costa Blanca? Just go film them - you'll have great fun anyway.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Brennan View Post
Hi folks Im a newbie here so just wanted to say hello to you all. Im british but live in spain on the costa blanca. Ive joined the club because Ive just bought a gl2 and dont have a clue about videoing other than the usual home movie stuff. I dont know what it was but I woke up one morning and felt drawn to the interest of getting deeply involved in making videos. I´m a professional comedian working in the holiday venues on the costa blanca and I have lots of ideas for doings skits and fly on the wall stuff with the contacts I have over here. I´m also hoping that my colleagues in the comedy world will be open to being followed and filmed. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated and I will apologise in advance for my barrage of requests for advice and tips.
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #15
Major Player

Still there?

So after all said and done are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Brennan View Post
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood