Boston area - HD Short Film & Film Networking Party - RSVP! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 17th, 2004, 09:04 AM   #1
Trustee

Boston area - HD Short Film & Film Networking Party on Saturday Aug. 21st - RSVP!

Hello fellow Bostonians!

Willow Studios is having a Film Networking Party this Saturday night at 7pm - August 21st. We're looking for crew, actors and actresses for an upcoming HD Short Film to be shot in New Hampshire in late October 2004. If you'd like to join us for this fun and informative party please contact us and RSVP. (NOTE: This party is the "meet and greet" and our plan is to have picked the principal people and have an official pre-production meeting the following week on August 28th.)

Please join us regardless of your desire to work on this particular short because it's a "Film Networking Party" too! Let's put faces to names...

PLACE: Willow Studios

TIME: August 21st at 7pm

HAPPENINGS: Meet other filmmakers, crew and actors, learn about our HD Short Film project, see other people's work.

FOOD/DRINK: Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic will be served (bring ID if you don't look 30!) & munchies at the bar. Please bring anything special you'd like to have for yourself or to share. (sharing is nice)

PLEASE BRING: Something artistic you've worked on - example: a short film on DVD, a drawing, music - anything that defines you or has inspired you.

***** We're filling up space, so please RSVP if you'd like to join us. RSVP ONLY will be admitted!

Please contact me to RSVP and to get directions.

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

Christopher "Murph" Murphy
Willow Studios
Old August 18th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #2
Trustee

count me in! =).
Old September 5th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #3
New Boot

how did the party go?
Ryan Liverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #4
Trustee

not too shabby around 10 or more is it? people attended. lots of networking. i got a tour of the willow studio and his JVC HDV cam, which is smaller than i originally thought but uber-kewl. i saw his gear and it's great. the meeting is certainly a great beginning. i think chris has more project-specific things he can tell ya.

btw chris when is the next one?
Old September 6th, 2004, 07:24 AM   #5
Trustee

Considering it was the weekend of the massive thunderstorms...we had 15 people come from 30 invited. It was a quite a success.

I've been meeting with people from that party, and others I've come across from the Boston area. I have a small crew that I'm working with, and I also have a few actors I'm trying out. It's coming along well....

Anyone else from the Boston area that wants to talk with me...just send me an email. Right now, I have a full plate with pre-production so the "parties" are more "meetings". Still fun though! The parties will resume soon...

Murph

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood