Why HELLO there! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 6th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Why HELLO there!

Hello to you and you. First of all, I am greatful to find one of the best forum for DV videographers.

To start off, I am a college student majoring in business. Then why am I here? Honestly, I need to be a marketable candidate (employable) right after graduation and from the looks of my G.P.A., I feel like crying. Hence, I like to start now rather then later and create some video projects and somehow relate back to my major.

I have a 10 year old Sony camcorder (TRV-520) and it still works great! Going to invest in a decent tripod with a fluid head.
I have one question and I'll stop here: Using a consumer camcorder, is there a way that you can make the film somewhat "film" like feel? Hope that made sense.

Thanks for your time. Cheers!
Kevin Kwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2004, 10:13 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Kev, I'm about to graduate soon too, and although my GPA's all right, I know what you're going through. Here is a link to one of our own forums dedicated to making video look like film...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=34

The two main things for giving NTSC video a "film feel" is deinterlacing, and gamma and color alteration. There are also numerous other articles and forums online about the topic. Do a search on it here, and you'll have more info than you could possibly read in a week (some threads have over 1000 posts).

Good luck with your projects, and get an internship before you graduate!
Jesse Bekas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Kevin. For everything film look (which is much,
MUCH more then just some settings or using a program) check
out our special film look forum. Browse through the forum and
read the many threads on the subject there.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood