1st short finished - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 6th, 2002, 12:59 PM   #16
Major Player

oops! I had forgot that he died. I knew this, but I guess it slipped my mind! Well, good luck!
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2002, 01:50 PM   #17

Scott, any particular story you had your eye on?

Regarding my earlier post in this thread--I might chuck all that, stick my neck out and apply the old axiom, "it's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission."
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2002, 09:05 PM   #18
Major Player

I was thinking about Harrison Bergeron. It's pretty short and seems like there wouldn't be much as far as technical stuff goes. I like scripts like that because of my limited time and resources. It also really lets you focus on the artistic part of the film. There probably wont be anything happening soon though. I just fished a big project and have another big one coming up this may. We'll see what happens. I would agree with your statement "it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission." Since Vonnegut is dead and your are an independent filmmaker, I would say your chances of any type of legal issues are almost none.
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I think it's a great short for a first attempt!

I haven't attempted a project like this yet, but look forward to it... I hope my first attempt is as good!

Did you use an anamorphic lens, or simply the 16x9 in the camera?

How did you approach the actors and venue owners?

(BTW, I had to download, as the Windows streaming 300k file was found to be corrupted about halfway through)

Once again, good job!
Old October 16th, 2002, 12:01 AM   #20
Jeff Campbell

Heh, funnily enough I had thoughts about attempting an adaptation of Vonnegut's "Deer in the Works", from "Welcome to the Monkey House".

Which Stephen King story did you adapt? I have my eye on a few of his and word that he's open to it (I know that someone did "Strawberry Spring" last year) is great to hear. I've been in contact with him about novels but, as of yet, I have no funding or clout so that's not likely to happen for a while.
Old October 16th, 2002, 06:29 AM   #21

I think it was "I Know What You Need," if memory serves--about the dying mother. It never got finished, for several small reasons that mounted into a big hassle. So I scrubbed the project.
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2002, 07:06 AM   #22

CORRECTION

Earlier in this thread I had stated that author Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. had died a few years ago. I was wrong! (sorry, Kurt). I heard on NPR this morning that today (November 11th) is his 80th birthday.

Happy birthday, Kurt!
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood