What do you do for a living? - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 18th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #421
Inner Circle

That's the way Aaron - one step at a time. Did you film the wedding with the Panasonics switched into their 16:9 mode? You may find they struggle a bit in gloomy (read: romantically lit) locations.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #422
Major Player

I do make my living out of two jobs. On one hand I do work as a driver for a small company on a fulltime base. On the other hand I do operate my own business as an ENG-Newshunter for a regional TV Station, the video-department of The Netherlands national press-agency (ANP) and two national TV-stations (one only occasionally).
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 02:29 PM   #423
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabor Heeres View Post
I do make my living out of two jobs. On one hand I do work as a driver for a small company on a fulltime base. On the other hand I do operate my own business as an ENG-Newshunter for a regional TV Station, the video-department of The Netherlands national press-agency (ANP) and two national TV-stations (one only occasionally).
From today I'm fulltime on the move with my own busines. I quited the driver job.
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #424
Tourist

Muso / Art Director

I might be getting a Sony HC52 Standard Definition Handycam fro my Birthday.
What do they perform like ?
I look forward to doing some music videos and I used to do storyboards for TV commercials etc . I'd like to write and produce a comedy movie based on the "Our Gang " old TV series.
Where do I start - I'll have to find Fat Albert.
Dave Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #425
Tourist

Copywriter

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a freelance copywriter and author of the book, "Writing Copy for Dummies." After years of resistance, I finally attempted a video or two to complement an ebook I had written about case studies.

I found the process so exciting I decided to leap into videography in a much bigger way: bought a Canon XHA1, FCE, a decent mic, etc. I love making short movies.

You can find my work on YouTube under "kranzcommunications." You'll also find me online at B2B Copywriting, B2B Copywriter, Kranz Communications and on Facebook.

I'm more than willing to exchange crew duty for education. If you're in the Greater Boston area and need a helping hand on a shoot, give me a holler.
Jonathan Kranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #426
Inner Circle

What i do

Good evening,

In my youth I shot with a bolex movie camera but basicly could not afford to do the job. After returning from my tour in V.N. I started again but couldn't afford it still. Gave it up for still photography.

I had a career in education teaching numerous things as well as Photography and my last few year Graphic design and media management (we built videos in particular).

Now retired from education i shoot events, mostly sports and wddings. I shot wildlife as personal passion.

Currently working on a three part tv series to be aired after december. I am participating in the uwol long version as part of this too!

thas all folks
Old March 18th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #427
New Boot

What I do

I work as an Assistant Director on films and television shows. I started in commercials and did a few music videos. I have worked mostly on television shows for the last 14 years though I started as a Production Assistant 5 years before that. I do not have much time at all to indulge my few hobbies (hiking, sailing, diving, videotaping wildlife) due to extremely long hours at my stressful job, and the weekends are usually spent filming (the show I'm on films a small number of weekends, unfortunately), recuperating (i.e., sleeping in after a long week) or playing / talking with my wife and children. I live very close (walking distance) to wilderness areas with coyotes, hawks and other raptors, rattlesnakes, deer, bears (though I have never seen one here) and other kinds of wildlife. As part of my job I schedule when we will shoot the various scenes in whatever script we are shooting at the time; I do not spend any time with my own hands on the camera (35MM Arriflex cameras). I have filmed on many different locations but I've been mostly on a stage-based show for the last 5 years. In May we'll go on hiatus for about 2 months and I'll start hiking/biking with my small camcorder again. I'd like to get an XL A1 and a nice set of sticks to play with but for now I'll have to live vicariously through all you nice people who are out there shooting for yourselves. Oops! I'm getting another version of my next script! Gotta go! Have an adventure for me!
Thanks!

Chris Hayden
Chris Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 09:22 PM   #428
Major Player

Tool and Die Maker/CNC programmer...

Ever since i made my first capture through a video card many years ago, i fell in love with everything digital video....Everything I've learned, came from forums and like minded people..
I'm doing weddings to pay for this passion, but find it hard to get the time to put together a simple demo reel or website....

Hamilton is a hurting Steeltown, so the oppurtunities aren't as vast as the bigger cities. In the meanwhile, I'll just keep on freelancing...
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #429
New Boot

Hi guys

as i said in the welcome thread; I'm a content producer, so while i do get to 'live the moviemaking dream' (to quote the OP) but only when i have time among th hundereds of other tasks.

The editorial roles I could give myself include: reporter, news-editor, sub-editor, picture editor, cameraman, sound engineer, video editor, producer, marketeer (i have to promote our site on social networks)

so i have to split myself between the written word and video.

I work for LocalGov.co.uk - Your authority on UK Local Government > LocalGov.co.uk - Your authority on UK Local Government and my clips can be found there.
Arun Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 03:08 AM   #430
Tourist

Locomotive engineer freight trains

I started Photography in high school. yearbook, news paper
got some jobs selling cameras from out standing camera stores in the area,made friends with all the camera reps.have all kinds of fun, when digital dropped the bottom out of film I moved to construction and renovation to pay the bills, in 2004 I got a job with a class one railroad and in 4 years moved up from conductor to engineer.got into digital and fell hard for all the toys. I love it now.

now with all the cut backs I am moving more into commercial,music video, so if I get laid off I can still make the bills with media production.

I own my own lights and grip now so I don't have to rent.which makes it so much nicer to shoot on short notice.

if anyone is in the Inland Empire area let me know.
Ron Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #431
Regular Crew

i try

www.herminiocordido.com
Herminio Cordido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 01:58 AM   #432
Regular Crew

sometimes you think is not working, but you try again..

herminio cordido :: visual artist
Herminio Cordido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #433
Regular Crew

I'm 18, First year Business/Accounting student at the University of Windsor. Looking a video as more of a hobby. Maybe intertwine my business skills and hobby of video to a career one day? Who knows what is to come...
Bradley Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #434
New Boot

I'm an IT manager working in a private university.
I do have some interested in videography.
and Hi to everyone
Ricky Kua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM   #435
Major Player

Just Lurking

Hi All,
I've been working and living in Japan for the past 4 years. My job takes me to nearby places like Thailand, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, as well as parts of Japan. I needed something to fill my off-time so I got a camera and carry it everywhere I go. Things kinda snowballed and now I have a ton of gear, both video and dSLR. Maybe some day I will make some money from it, but for now, I have lots to learn. This is a great site and I just want to say thanks for all the helpful tips I've picked up.

Camera: Pana AG-DVC30, Canon HV30, XL-H1A.
PC: Sager Q9650 3GHZ, dual nVidia GeForce 9800M GT (SLI), Blu-ray burner, 320GB x3.
Editor: Vegas 8 Pro, Pinnacle 12, Particle Illusion

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood