Networking in L.A. Let's shoot something... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 22nd, 2005, 03:47 AM   #1
New Boot

Networking in L.A. Let's shoot something...

I'm new to the network and back in L.A. again. This is the second time I've made the move to L.A. and I have very high hopes for this time around. I've been back for two months now and I am getting ready to start production on some shorts. Looking to see if anyone else is interested in getting involved.

Like I said, this is the second time around for me, and if anyone else has done the same, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say, this time I am much wiser than the last. I have invested in an Avid Express Pro editing system, skateboard dolly and track, green screen gear, and my two favorite friends... the one with the Canon XL1s and the other friend with access to assorted lighting gear.

I currently work at a post production/Vfx facility and there's loads of free stuff to use there as well...

I have friends that want to do stuff and I have friends that just say they do stuff... I'm am looking for more friends that want to do stuff.

Contact me if you want to do stuff
Rick Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:08 PM   #2
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Schultz
I'm new to the network and back in L.A. again. This is the second time I've made the move to L.A. and I have very high hopes for this time around. I've been back for two months now and I am getting ready to start production on some shorts. Looking to see if anyone else is interested in getting involved.

Like I said, this is the second time around for me, and if anyone else has done the same, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say, this time I am much wiser than the last. I have invested in an Avid Express Pro editing system, skateboard dolly and track, green screen gear, and my two favorite friends... the one with the Canon XL1s and the other friend with access to assorted lighting gear.

I currently work at a post production/Vfx facility and there's loads of free stuff to use there as well...

I have friends that want to do stuff and I have friends that just say they do stuff... I'm am looking for more friends that want to do stuff.

Contact me if you want to do stuff
Hey Rick,

I'm in a similar situation. I am working on two shorts at the moment and always looking to network with more people. Drop me a note and lets chat.

-Douglas
wildmotionfilms@yahoo.com
Douglas Equils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #3
New Boot

What a great idea. Count me in. :)
alexberezovsky@gmail.com
Alexander Berezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm interested. Im in West LA.

hit me up...

Max@WebDogPro.com
Max Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 10:37 PM   #5
Wrangler

mmm...this is dangerous gents, I might have to check in with each of you next time Instant Films rolls around...
Old July 23rd, 2005, 11:34 PM   #6
Major Player

Hey Rick,

L.A. is a tough venue, as you know. Looking forward to you sharing information with all of us on this forum.

Sweet dreams,

Stephanie Wilsn
Stephanie Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Papert
mmm...this is dangerous gents, I might have to check in with each of you next time Instant Films rolls around...
Charles,

Yes, I've seen some of the Instant Films. It is pretty incredible what a group of people can produce in only 48 hours. I'm guessing lots of coffee played a big role. :)

-Douglas
Douglas Equils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #8
Wrangler

By the time of the screening, the directors are generally walking zombies, most of whom have been cooking for 36 hrs straight (I usually get in a couple of hours sleep). The actors and crew have a good long day on Saturday, but then they are done. I tell the crew when we are wrapping late Saturday night, "usually you work on a film, then 6 months to a year later you get to go to the cast and crew screening. Tonight, you'll go home, you'll sleep in, have a nice brunch, head over to the studio that night and watch the whole thing up on the big screen with 400 people in the audience".

It's a fun experience. I'll be posting more as the next one draws closer.
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
By the time of the screening, the directors are generally walking zombies, most of whom have been cooking for 36 hrs straight (I usually get in a couple of hours sleep). The actors and crew have a good long day on Saturday, but then they are done. I tell the crew when we are wrapping late Saturday night, "usually you work on a film, then 6 months to a year later you get to go to the cast and crew screening. Tonight, you'll go home, you'll sleep in, have a nice brunch, head over to the studio that night and watch the whole thing up on the big screen with 400 people in the audience".

It's a fun experience. I'll be posting more as the next one draws closer.
That sounds really fun! :) Definatly post more when the next one comes up...
Max Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 02:03 AM   #10
New Boot

Quote:
Charles
I would DEFINATELY be in... Please let me know more. Do not forget!

BTW... Going to shoot a Horror/Ghost/Thriller Short beginning weekend of Aug 13th. I have been in touch with these other guys so we will see if we can get together.

I will be sure to post when she's done...

Oh, did I mention keep me in mind for Instant Film?
Rick Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 03:21 PM   #11
Regular Crew

hey Rick

Hey rick,

I have some gear and some ideas , was wondering if you wanna get together and see what we could setup.

check out my site

www.ontherhodes.com
Old August 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM   #12
Wrangler

LA folks:

I will be shooting some tests with the JVC HD-100 and the Mini35 this week (probably Wednesday and Thursday). We will be setting up some feature-type shots for demo purposes. If anyone is interested in helping out on this (it's an opportunity to see the new camera in action) please let me know. I only have limited crew space so I can't necessarily take everyone who offers, however.
Old August 7th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Hey charles im up for a day of testing

I'd be up for lending a helping hand, you can rach me at james@ontherhodes.com

Id love to see the new cam in action, is this an actualy project you are shooting for, or is this strictly a test ?

James
Old August 7th, 2005, 02:12 PM   #14
Wrangler

Strictly a test. This all came up rather quickly; it would have been nice to try to put a real project together but given the time frame and other factors, we'll be creating some beauty shots rather than a complete narrative. But we will be lighting, using models etc. There will also be a day at a rental house with different lens configurations, the Mini35 vs the stock lens resolution tests etc.
Old August 7th, 2005, 04:12 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Sounds great !

I would love to be involved what house are you renting from ? IFP also has a mini 35 rental for $150 a day I believe, and slow motion inc. has a nice set of primes , I forget the brand, for about $250-$300 a day.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood