Networking in L.A. Let's shoot something... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old August 8th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #16
Wrangler

The Mini, the camera and the S4 lenses are being provided by the various sponsors of the test. We will be shooting tests at Clairmont Camera. Thanks for the info, though, James. I actually own my own Mini35 but there is currently only one relay in existence for the JVC camera so they had to send that to me.

Right now we are looking at Thursday at Clairmont and Friday at LA Center Studios.
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #17
Wrangler

Shoot this weekend...

We are doing a one day shoot in downtown LA this Saturday for Instant Films--it's a series of short spec pilots for an online client. I need a few to round out the crew, such as a sound person (know how to boom, monitor levels, use a wireless etc) and those willing to help with the grip/electric side of things. There's a bit of pay. Anyone interested, please email me, and let me know your experience level (and if it's not a lot but you still want to volunteer to help as a learning experience, that's great too).
Old September 14th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #18
Major Player

I too just moved to LA (2-3 weeks ago now) and am working at a VFX company. I've been dying to work on movies just to get back at it and get some more experience. Any new connections or friends in the area would be awesome since I am pretty short on them being so new to the area. In, short I definitely want to do stuff.

At the moment all I have on my plate are my job and my dreams (reality?) of building an HD camera ala dvinfo's alternative imaging methods forum.

send me a message (if anyone still reads this sort of old thread)
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #19
Major Player

Does anybody have any contacts that are renting out space for filming that hasn't been jaded by the hollywood system?
I'm in need of a decrepit, dilapidated warehouse space and a modern conference room.
I can go $350.00 a day on each space.
I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find spaces to shoot here in LA that are both interesting and affordable.
Can anybody help with this?
And, as to this threads purpose, I am always up for meeting people who are into this film thing.
I have experience in features with miniatures and props and have also done several concept design jobs for big features.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #20
Major Player

LA meet and shoot this sunday!

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...985#post445985
Bill Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood