Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 6th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #196
Major Player

Just an update for this:

This is an action oriented, multiple look shoot. Not your typical indie dialog short. We're trying to accomplish something different with this.

Please email if interested and/or need more information.
carcaridon@aol.com
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #197
Tourist

Indie Producer Seeks Vegas-based DP & crew familiar with Canon XL H1

Hi. I'm new to this forum.

I've been a writer for many years -- both print and screen (see my website at http://www.jneilschulman.com )-- and I decided to finally live the dream -- write, produce, and direct my own independent feature. It's a light action fish-out-of-water story in the tradition of such (big budget) features as Kindergarden Cop, Sister Act, and Miss Congeniality. The title is Lady Magdalene's. My production company's website is at http://www.jesulu.com/.

Nichelle Nichols ("Uhura" on Star Trek) and I are the exec producers, and Nichelle will be starring as one of the leads. I'm currently finishing the script, but I already have a preliminary budget and a tentative start date of May 10th for a four week shoot. We're planning to shoot entirely in and around Pahrump, Nevada, and the start date reflects our desire to shoot before it gets hot and when daylight is long. As a first time director, I'll need all the advantages I can get. I've got some great locations committed to us for the shoot, which is going to make this film look much higher budget than you'd think possible on our shoestring budget.

The production is partly financed, and Nichelle and I hope to obtain the rest of the financing necessary to complete principal photography by mid April.

We're shooting using my newly purchased Canon XL H1 -- which is what brings me to this forum.

If there are any experienced DP's, AD's, etc., already familiar with the XL H1, you'd have the inside track to working with us on this film. Since I'm not a DGA member (I am a WGA member), you don't have to be, either.

Thanks,

J. Neil Schulman
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #198
New Boot

XL2 guy lookin for work in Oklahoma or N. Texas

I am a XL2 owner indi looking for some work, Camera is brand new, and am looking to break it in. Would love the experiance and would love the work as well. If you have any jobs available send me a tell at sethfreeland@yahoo.com.

Old March 7th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #199
Wrangler

I'm moving your post to our Helping Hands forum. It is tailor made for just this type of posting.

Thanks for posting.

-gb-
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #200
New Boot

Music Video Crew needed in Vancouver - March 16th

Digital Interference Production Inc. seeks music video crew

All details can be found online at http://www.digitalinterference.net/thegorgeousadd.htm
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #201
Major Player

I believe I'm doing an interview with The Gorgeous when they're in Saskatoon. We'll have to talk about this video!
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #202
Regular Crew

Videographer

Send me an email with a little more information. I am experianced and have my own equipment.

jonfrenchvideo@yahoo.com

here is my site
jonfrenchvideo.com
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #203
Major Player

Sent you an email.

Thanks,

Jon
Old March 10th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #204
Major Player

L.A. users meet and shoot THIS SUNDAY! Bring your camera!

Ok, here's the meet:

5 PM at
http://www.thedownbeatcafe.com/

1202 N Alvarado St Los Angeles, CA 90026-3127

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1202+N...CA+90026&hl=en

There is a musician named Phillip Roebuck playing there (no cover charge). He's a pretty amazing performer out of NYC, originally from Norfolk, VA. Check out a short video of him at:

http://www.philliproebuck.com/video.html

He's built a pretty amazing setup, and both he and it are very "cameragenic." It makes for great footage.

What I'm proposing is that we all meet up and film him being interviewed and showing his setup, and film a song or two. Then I'll capture all the tapes and cut it all up to make a short documentary, slash, music video, unless someone else wants to (and I know there are lots of you who are better at it than I). Everyone who participates will get credit, and anyone can have and share the video.

If I have to pay everyone the cost of their tapes I will, and if anyone wants the tape back or wants a DVD with their footage on it I'll be happy to accomodate. Plus after his set (fairly short) we can hang out and talk and do the whole users group thing.

Obviously it would be nice if we could decide what settings those of us with DVX's would use, and comparable settings for those of us with other cameras too, so if you have any input, please pipe up ASAP. If your camera can do it, 24P is a must, but you don't have to have a 24P camera to participate.

And if you have a shallow DOF 35mm adapter, bring it! I'm bringing mine and my lenses but I don't know that I'll use it for sure.

Enough talk, let's get together - AND let's shoot some tape!
Old March 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #205
Major Player

I'm there man. I'll be bringing my HVX200! See you then!
Old March 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #206
New Boot

Thanks for the invitation but I won't be able to make it :(
Always open to invites though!
Old March 11th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #207
New Boot

Need some one with a HD-100U In NYC

Hey, I am in need of some one in MYC to possibly shoot some stock footage with their JVC HD-100U. I am doing a non-funded project, and as such don't have the money to fly to New York to grab just a couple of shots. I actually also need some help with the legality of these, as I need a few shots from Grand Central Station, not much just something to throw in to show that my hero started out in New York on the train. Any suggestions or takers?
Old March 12th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #208
Tourist

Anyone need any help in Chicago with weddings etc.?

Hi guys
I dont have any clients at the moment and would be happy to work as a first or second camera for weddingss etc. I have experience in shooting weddings and have all of my own equipment. Please let me know. I'm a great guy to work with. a35mmfilm@hotmail.com
Old March 13th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #209
Regular Crew

Hmmm.... we have an HD100 and I go to NYC every couple weeks. I don't know how they'd react to me walking around with a big camera... Send me an email and we can discuss details/possibilities.
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:23 AM   #210
Regular Crew

Directors Galore

Paying $1000+++++/day + tickets etc.. and if ure damn good.. its $8k/day onwards.

If ure a DIRECTOR from/in the states or europe (mainly) or any other part of the world...
1. and you have a good experience in filming shorts/ films/ Commercials...
2. you've done High End HD/film work (experience with film is a must)

and you're up for some freelance work for a high-end advertising agency in this country http://www.uaeinteract.com/ and for this company http://www.filmwks.com/.

send an email of your cv/website/a url of your show reel to anarabianartist@gmail.com

Note: this is a sign up kinda thing, don't expect any reply & do expect any reply.

thanks!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands