Hello from Adelaide, Australia at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hello from Adelaide, Australia

Hi all.

Figured I'd do a quick introduction.

I've been filming with a friend's gear for the past few years (Pana HMC151), mostly motorsport, and have finally just invested in my own gear and joined to try and learn a bit more about what I have and how it can be better used.

I just bought a Sony NX5 with a Vinten Vision Blue tripod system. I'd been investing in audio gear while my friend invested in video, so I've already got Rode mics, boom, etc. B camera is a 7D + lenses, never been that happy with it for video though.

These days I primarily live stream and do some corporate work for my day job, but I'd like to get into some documentary work.

Forums have been great for helping me decide on a tripod, hope to learn a bit more as time goes on!

Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Hello from Adelaide, Australia

Welcome, Ryan........

Always good to have another Antipodean on board.

Glad to hear you found some usefull information on the Forums concerning your tripod choice, always nice to get back positive feedback that they do, indeed, make a difference.

Make yourself at home, and spend a lot of time using that Google Search at the bottom of every page, years of knowledge and entertainment to be had trawling the DVinfo crypts.

Plenty of us "old timers" who haven't quite made it into said crypts to answer current questions, so DVinfo just keeps giving, dead or alive.

Enjoy.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for that Chris.

I've certainly been making good use of the search function already. You are in fact responsible for my Vinten purchase. I was all lined up to buy a Miller DS10 with Solo legs, as my friend has, and found not only that people on here were having issues with DS10 heads, but also your review had me convinced the Vinten would be a better tripod for similar (and in the end less) money.

Hopefully I can give as much as I get!
Ryan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I have absolutely no doubt you shall.

Wonder if Miller are ruing not coughing up a system last year for the shoot out, totally gob smacked me, that one.

I cannot understand what they were thinking.

(Secretly glad they didn't, practically killed me as it was, another may have finished me off once and for all. Still, now, any time they like, bring it on guys, I'm dying to give one a test drive, er, hint).

Thanks again for the feedback, always good to hear.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood