Hello from Indianapolis at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:42 PM   #1
New Boot

Hello from Indianapolis

Just wanted to say hello from Indianapolis.

I got into videography as a hobby in the past few months, and have a mid-level camera with things like LED lights, tripod, Lav mics (wired) sun glare box for the 3" LCD screen.

Very surprised to see that there are no video clubs, groups, etc. in Indiana, that I can find (maybe there are, but they don't advertise and I can't find them through any forums or internet searches)

Would love to meet other hobbyists, learn things from them (I'm afraid being this new, I have nothing to teach, but I can offer my assistance with something I'm sure.

Bob
Bob Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Hello from Indianapolis

Welcome to DV Info, Bob! Hoping you find some fellow shooters in your neighborhood soon. In the meantime, check out our online challenges--The DV Challenge and The UWOL Challenge. They are great fun, great learning opportunities, and great communities for sharing!

The UWOL Challenge starts tomorrow so you'd have to sign up right away. We're working on dates for the next DV Challenge--sometime within the next couple months!
Old June 4th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Welcome Bob, here's an outfit which may be of interest ...

Heartland Truly Moving Pictures | Award-Winning Motion Pictures

Cheers.
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #4
New Boot

Anyone else from Indiana show up on the forum recently?

Hello out there.

Thanks for the replies.
Bob Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Hello Bob,

Welcome to DVInfo.net!

I 2nd Lorinda's suggestions about joining either the DV Challenge or the UWOL Challenges, or both.
It is great fun, you get in touch with the other players, and I guarantee you will learn a lot!
Check out the contest subforums here on DVInfo, and I hope to see you around.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hello Bob I'm in Indianapolis. I'm learning just got a Canon Vixia HF G10 back in December 2012. I pick up a Canon DSLR a few months later to. I look around in the web and did not see any clubs or school. I did join the Indianapolis Camera Club last month. It is just a photography club, but from what I have read people say it's good to know photography help with video. I'm on the southside if Indy and a retired auto worker.
Michael Bishop is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood