Jumping in feet first. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 25th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Jumping in feet first.

Located in Northern NJ, about 20 miles due west of NYC, almost on the border of Morris and Essex Counties.

Wound up here after a 28 yr corporate career in systems and an unexpected downsizing. Hoping to make video my 2nd career. (Wish me luck). Particular interest in preserving histories - of people, families, places.

However, looking to start in legal video until I can operate the camera w/"eyes closed." Just bought a Panny AG-HVX200, triod, dolly, a few lav mics, with a mixer on order. Need a good DVD and VHS recorder for that, too. Looking to get Avid Express Pro HD in near future, too, and can't wait to get hands on a Firestore FS-100 or Cineporter. (P2 cards are soooo expensive).

Been working on/off w/a local indie for about a year, mostly to help lug equipment or serve as a second body for "security." Have worked audio for a couple of weddings and other church ceremonies, but no camera work yet.

Am a speech communication major, with fair amount of corporate training experience. Had some voice training in school, and some after. (Voice coach suggested I try stand up comedy, but haven't worked up the nerve, money for classes, or routine for that yet).

Am willing to work on other projects simply for experience (as long as my part-time job schedule permits). (It's not much $$, but I can at least count on it).

If anyone needs a hand - or a second or third camera - on a project in my relative vicinity, I'm willing to lend mine if timing and schedule permit. E-mail me if interested.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Hi Denis, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks. I see you're at NAB.

Must be exciting. I envy you a bit. Is your whole day spent "NABing", or are you also taking in the town?

Question, if you know: I see Focus Enhancements has announced they're starting to ship the Firestore FS-100 for the Panansonic P2. Have you gained any insight into how prepared they are to meet the demand? I'm eager to get one, and am hoping that they will be a bit easier to acquire than the P2 camera itself.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #4
RED Code Chef

Hi Denis,

It's my first NAB. During the day we are roaming the convention and then
there's usually some party at night. I've got to meet some great people
(from DV Info Net and beyond). Flying back to Holland tomorrow.

I didn't have time to check out Focus Enhancements. But we have a FE forum
here on the boards. I suggest you create a new thread there to ask this
specific question:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=65

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance. Good luck!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood