Aloha from Hawaii - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:07 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Aloha Dean

Hey Dean,
Also here in Hawaii on the west side. Lots of island folks in here. I used to produce Overdrive Live on OC16 as well. Doing work on Hawaii Beyond Paradise this season. I like the stuff you guys shoot with your show.

Would love to get ahold of you some time, from time to time I get clients that need underwater housings and what not.

Drop me a note one of these days. info (at) wayoutwestenterprises.com

aloha!
Rob Onekea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 03:50 AM   #32
New Boot

Hello from Hawaii!

Just want to say hi to all here in DVinfo land and properly introduce myself before I get busy posting. My name is Arvin, and yes...I am a lurker. And that's when you all say, "Hi Arvin!" This is the LA (Lurkers Anonymous) support group right? *tap tap* Hello? Is this thing on? Ok bad joke. :P

*Ahem* Prior to my 1st post debut, I never felt the need to ask any questions, because all of the questions had already been asked and in turn answered. The time has come, and now I have a question to ask (in another thread).

A little background on my lurking beginnings: I joined the forum back in March of 2004 to do some research on the PDX10 for a 3rd camera and family/vacation cam. At the time I had a PD150 and VX2000 in the studio and didn't really need another camera. I was just gear lusting for another; the small form factor and native 16:9 was enticing too. I digress. To continue my story...everytime I had some money saved up, something would always come up or break down and needed replacement, car (accident)...computer (spontaneous combustion)...wife (got married)...house (1st home purchase)...holidays (wish it were vacation, but actually gift buying for Xmas)...studio (moved to a new one and having it remodeled). To make a long story longer, after reading through a ton of posts on it and becoming somewhat knowldegeable I never did end up getting the PDX10. Moral of the story, hope that nothing else comes up and buy a HVR-A1U instead. Which I did.

What I do and how I got there...I hail from Honolulu, Hawaii. Partnered with 2 of my college buddies, we own a media producing and consulting firm. My company does print, web, video, and interactive (kiosks/environmental) media. Job title: Prosultant, that is producer/consultant (not to be confused with one who insults professionally; or favors insulting consultation). I'm also the in house audio/music guy and project manager. I freelanced as a live/studio sound engineer and gigged with a Salsa band during and after college. And that brings me to what I do now...boiled shrimp...fried shrimp...cocktail shrimp...pineapple shrimp...coconut shrimp.........that's bout' it I guess.

Kidding aside, I just want to express my thanks to the admin, mods, and members who have shared and contributed to this BBS. You guys have a great online community going on here and look forward to sharing and contributing as much as and in any way I can.

Aloha,
Arvin
Arvin Lucio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #33
Wrangler

So, Arvin, you didn't add stand up comedy to your list of things you do! LOL!

You have a nutty sense of humor, which I like, and I look forward to reading about you and that A-1U.

Thanks for the laughs, and for finally saying Hi. :)
Old February 10th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #34
RED Code Chef

Hi Arvin!

:)

Welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net, good to have you with us! I enjoyed your
little bit of humor as well. Ever tried putting that into a screenplay/script?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Aloha Arvin!
Also in Honolulu it's been great meeting other DvInfo'ers get a hold of me if you have time.
Aloha [@] idvfilms dot com
Old May 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #36
Major Player

Howzit brah...I'm on the same rock as you.
Fred Foronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #37
Inner Circle

You lucky guys
Old May 17th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #38
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
You lucky guys
Lucky?? Do you know the cost of living here has gotten insane!!! You need atleast 3 jobs and video don't count...lol
Fred Foronda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood