Greetings From Louisville, KY at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 31st, 2006, 02:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Greetings From Louisville, KY

Been on the boards for about a month or so and finally thought I'd post a quick and dirty Hola on the neighborhood thread. Just getting started as an honest to goodness production company on the small scale for event/wedding/corporate/real estate using a Sony A1U, Steadicam Merlin, Senn wireless, Rode boom, manfrotto sticks with 503 head and assorted other goodies. Editing on Vegas with Connect HD. Would love to meet other area gear heads to start a small local group with similar interests. Working out of a home office in the downtown area. Right now I'm spending the bulk of time prepping to go live in mid August. Lotta training going on learning how to fly the Merlin.

Cheers!
Greg Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:02 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Thanks for the introduction Greg, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Louisville

Greg,
As a fellow videographer in Louisville I just wanted to take a moment to say hello. I do event videography as well with 3 XH-A1 cams and Sony Vegas softwre. I don't know if you've seen the thread, but a few other videographers fromt the 'ville are thinking of forming a user group. We don't really have a support system or major video retailer in Louisville to got to and compare equipment, techniques, or software so a User group really makes sense. If your interested send me an email. ICVideo@bellsouth.net. I look forward to hearing from you.
Chuck Biddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #4
New Boot

Chuck and Greg,
i have just noticed this thread and would also be interested in joining the Louisville's videographer's group/association. I am also an event videographer and have an XH-A1 with Vegas 7/AE7. I can be reached at timegates (at) yahoo (dot) com.
Tony Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #5
Regular Crew

little late here but I am also in Louisville and have a xh a1. just got the cam and love it but I am having to learn a lot. Interested in seeing if you all ever formed the group...let me know.
Trent Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #6
New Boot

Hey guys! I'm a writer/producer/photographer/editor in the Creative Services & Marketing Department at WHAS11-TV. I would be interested in a local group as well. I'm close to pulling the trigger on my own equipment (Canon XL2, AVID Express Pro). It would be great to share ideas with some local folks.

Scott
Scott Benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #7
Regular Crew

It's slowly gathering interest

Scott, do you know Erica and Shawn?
Old August 31st, 2007, 08:40 AM   #8
New Boot

Erica?? Don't know anyone by that name.

Are talking about Shawn Kaelin?? If so, then yeah, he's the assistant director of my department.
Old August 31st, 2007, 09:21 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Brandenburg

No,
I'm referring to the Benhams in Meade county. I grew up with some of them. Just thought you might know them.
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:49 AM   #10
New Boot

Sorry, thought you meant here at WHAS11.

Does Shawn have a brother named Kelly??? I grew up with and went to school with Kelly Benham.
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:35 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Thats him

I would hang out at Shawn and Kelly's house all weekend. As for the Video group, getting people excited and together is 2 different things. I think the first meeting may be small(3-5 people), but hopefully grow from there.
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:46 PM   #12
New Boot

Cool!

It's a small world! Kelly and I graduated from high school together. We would bum around Old Weldon when we we're kids. I remember Shawn when he was little. Haven't seen him or their sister Michelle in years.

Hope this local group takes off. Here's my email: scott.benham@whas11.com

Scott

Last edited by Scott Benham; August 31st, 2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: To ad email address
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #13
Regular Crew

so did this group ever get off the ground?
Trent Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Well....It's in progress

It's still planned. Interest is there, it's just coordinating the first meeting. I just spoke with Doug Netherton who is the Vice President of Franchise Development for Flickos Video Workshop over off Heather Lane on Bardstown Road (near the old mega theater) about starting a local video group and he was somewhat receptive. There will be a group. Where and what will transpire is the question. If your still interested send me another email and I'll send out information in the next couple of weeks.
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #15
Major Player

I'm still interested also....although I don't know if I will get enough time off anytime soon for a group.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood