Into. Al Holston at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 5th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Into. Al Holston

Hi everyone,
I'm Al Hoslton and I have been involved in video productions since the 1970's, working mostly with the Naval Reserve and Navy video production teams. My assignments before retiring included a field director/producer for the Navy West Coast Media training team during the 1990's. My last assignment was closing Treasure Island and documenting this and other bases in the bay area being closed.

I retiried and bought an XL1 with the idea of getting back into video production, but the San Francisco area is very well covered by new upcoming students, to whom I make myself available as a consultant in the field, helping where I can.

Today, I am setting up a media transfer lab, started out to do my own work (I have media going back to 3/4" Umatic carts, Betta, etc.) but decided to set up the facility for doing tranfers for other videographers and data transfers, including high-end audio editing/productions on a Mac G/4 based system.
I now can cover most audio, video and data storage media systems (except 1" video tape). Transfers are based on $50.00 hr/ with 1/2 hr min. to keep the service in everyone's reach.

I plan on going back to teaching part time her in S.F. next year, after I finish my Master's.

Keep shooting and creating, especially now during this dark period since 9/11 -- Keep the Light On. Al Holston

I enjoy the board and meeting everyone on it.
Old April 5th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Welcome Al!

It sounds like you've had an interesting career. I'm always fascinated at all of the places outside of mainstream broadcasting where folks can excersise their interests in videography.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood