another ky boy - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Gear, clips, laptops...

The best thing about starting something is that it is whatever you want. We can compile list of places we buy since there is not a local BH, or Abes. We can have hands-on with cameras (I let microfilmmaker.com use my XH-A1 for their review), even discuss different forums and resources on the internet. I'm a one man crew for my business ICVideo. It's a LLC formed by my wife and I where she does administrative and advertising, and some filming, and I do everything else with a couple of people we contract with for event filming. I'd say we need atleast 6 people to get off to a start, but from there who knows.
Chuck Biddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:23 AM   #17
New Boot

I'm in. It would be great to have a network of resources to pull from. Thanks for the thread from canon
Chuck Filiatreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #18
New Boot

Hey guys, count me in for the DV/HDV meetings. I live close to St. X and been a proud owner of an XH-A1 since early April. I love it! Been shooting mainly events, one commercial close to being finished (Shot in 24F 1080 as per the client), and two music videos in pre-production. Still learning a lot...been using my customized version of Disjecta's VIVIDRGB preset to match friend's HVX200. Would love to meet everybody and exchange ideas or if anybody needs a hand to different projects in Louisville, or the area that would be nice too.
Tony
timegates (at) yahoo (dot) com
Tony Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM   #19
Major Player

Hey everyone! Didn't know this was going on in my own town! Good to see others in the same area interested in digital video. I always wondered who was buying the cameras out of the window at Murphy's Cameras on Bardstown Rd.

I'm totally up for joining a local group.
Let me know
Sluggercitykings@yahoo.com
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM   #20
Wrangler

Hey Guys,

I’m driving with my son from Ft. Sill to Ft. Knox in September—he’ll dump me off in Louisville around Sept. 22 and I’ll stay a few days. There’s got to be a ton of great things to do and see; for instance, I heard there’s a little stretch along the Ohio River that’s got restaurants, etc. Is stuff like that safe for someone alone—particularly at night?

If you were having a get-together and didn't mind a future A1 owner in your midst I'd sure like to get another look at one. Or any other ideas you may have for a traveler would be really appreciated!
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:41 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Louisville is great place to visit and a greater place to LIVE

The user group is slowly but surely forming. I've sent emails to everyone who expressed interest, but have only received a few responses. Those that did respond were very excited and I can't wait until we get this group going. In regaurds to your request for face time with an A1 I'd gladly accomodate you. As a former Army National Guardsman and Dept of Defense employee I'd enjoy the oppurtunity and I'm sure we would have much to talk about. I have my three A1's and just received my DV Sportster for my Flowpod. It's a poor mans Steadicam, but I see great potential for it with my business. As for Louisville, let me know what type of food or arts or shows you like and I'll compile a list for you. We have one of the most competitive resteraunt markets in the US. If you want $2 cheeseburgers we got them. If it's a $100 steak dinner we can accomodate that as well. We have wonderful art museums and arms museums. Glass factories and Fourth Street Live which is a nice multifaceted entertainement spot.
Just to mention, I was an Aircraft Electrician for 7 years. What does your son do? Engineering or MP? Just a guess. Take care.
Chuck Biddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:52 AM   #22
Wrangler

Hey, Chuck, that sounds great! Thank you! Steak, hamburgers—I like it all. :)

Not much into art, but arms is another story, plus, I’d just like to soak up the general feel of the area. A stroll along the river with people milling around and something cold to drink nearby sounds just about perfect. Oh, and my first baseball bat was a Louisville Slugger—I always wondered about its “home.” Wow, that was a lot of years ago…

My son is a 2LT in training. He chose Armor (3-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team). Because I’m so new to this Army stuff I agree that we’d have much to talk about.

It would be great fun to meet some more DV Info members (you guys are all pretty new—welcome!) so I hope something works out.
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #23
Major Player

Lorinda - you'll find Louisville quite interesting as it has something for everyone. Comming over the Second street bridge, you can't miss the waterfront park along with our famous Joe's Crab Shack. If you are interested in walking along the river with people, Watefront Park is the place to go.

I find that Bardstown Rd has its taste in ethnicly diverse resteraunts.

The Louisville Slugger bat factory allows tours of their facilities as well.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #24
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Lee View Post
Comming over the Second street bridge, you can't miss the waterfront park along with our famous Joe's Crab Shack. If you are interested in walking along the river with people, Watefront Park is the place to go.

I find that Bardstown Rd has its taste in ethnicly diverse resteraunts.

The Louisville Slugger bat factory allows tours of their facilities as well.
This, too, is exactly what I wanted to know. You guys are great! :) Thank you.
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #25
Major Player

I agree, I would choose bardstown rd(the highlands) then the river front, then 4th street live....in that order.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Witzke View Post
hmm... maybe we should form some kind of louisville dv club....

you guys get involved with that 48hr film project here in town? I heard about it to late.... but I think it's once a year.
Another Louisville film junkie here.

We participated in the 48 Hour Film project last month. This was our second year. It's a blast.

There is a local group called Kino that meets about 4 or 5 times a year. They have a couple of 48 hour events a year and some other things. It seems to be growing. There is a 48 hour event coming up in October. Check out www.kinolouisville.com.
Tim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #27
Wrangler

Hey, Chuck Biddle!

I'm wanting to talk dates and stuff by email but can't get one to you. Would you mind sending an email my way? :)
Old August 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Witz View Post
welcome.....

I myself am just outside of louisville... in westport ( near lagrange )
Just ran across this old thread, I live in LaGrange also!

So just got my XH-A1 and playing with it daily to get up to speed. So I look forward to reading here often and learning from this wealth of knowledge.

Did the group ever come together? I would be most interested in a Video Group Meet-Up let me know, I love to be a part of it and would be glad to assist getting it together.

Chris, we're right up the road in the heart of LaGrange. My youngest daughter dates a boy from Westport and my middle daughter and her husband used to live right down in the heart of Westport. We ride our motorcycles down that way quite often, so hope to meet up with ya one day, until then....looking to learn and nice to meet ya!
Curtis Edwards is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood