another ky boy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 7th, 2007, 07:28 AM   #1
New Boot

another ky boy

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and let ya know how much i enjoy visiting this site. I recently bought my a1 from Zotz and wanted to say thanks to them for making it a smooth transaction.
Chuck Filiatreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Major Player

welcome.....

I myself am just outside of louisville... in westport ( near lagrange )
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:47 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

Hi Chuck, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Witzke View Post
welcome.....

I myself am just outside of louisville... in westport ( near lagrange )
christopher,

thanks for the reply. what kind of camera are you using? i'm a newbie to hd and was wondering if you know of any type of training or seminar that would be available to me that would be beneficial. i have several friends that are in the outdoor tv world that are converting to hd and would love to have a little hands on type training. i purchased the vasst video on the a1 and that has been very helpful and have played around with the settings while hooked to the hd tv but nothing like having a pro teach you in the field.
thanks
chuck
Old May 12th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #5
Major Player

I have a Z1 an a FX1.... the FX1 stays on a merlin steadycam and the Z1 stays on sticks or studio stand....

I've only been at the video/hd thing for a little over a year now.... really having a blast! My profession is commercial photography ( 20 years man ) and the HD stuff is really just an extension of that for me..... purdy pictures is all I'm really after.

What's yer poison?
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:50 AM   #6
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Witzke View Post
I have a Z1 an a FX1.... the FX1 stays on a merlin steadycam and the Z1 stays on sticks or studio stand....

I've only been at the video/hd thing for a little over a year now.... really having a blast! My profession is commercial photography ( 20 years man ) and the HD stuff is really just an extension of that for me..... purdy pictures is all I'm really after.

What's yer poison?
My day job is in management with an electric utility but my passion is sitting in a tree waiting on little critters to come by. My buddy is starting a outdoor tv show and thats why i have the a1 for some behind the scenes shots at his concerts and around the cabin etc.
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #7
Major Player

Cool, you're from bardstown. I live in Bowling Green now, but have been to bardstown many a time.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:23 AM   #8
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stemen View Post
Cool, you're from bardstown. I live in Bowling Green now, but have been to bardstown many a time.
Eric, yeah just right up the road from you. Bowling Green is a pretty cool town. We are planning on having our 2008 Hunting show at the convention center in bowling green.
Old May 18th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #9
Major Player

if you ever need help with anything let me know(although I don't have a high def. just a vx-2000.
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #10
New Boot

Didn't realize there were so many...

I'm from Louisville, it's nice to know there are others around shooting. How do you like your A1 Chuck, I've been shooting with one for a while and I really like it.
David M. Geary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #11
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M. Geary View Post
I'm from Louisville, it's nice to know there are others around shooting. How do you like your A1 Chuck, I've been shooting with one for a while and I really like it.
David, i love the a1. There is a lot to learn and i have only been practicing right now but we are headed out in the morning to shoot some footage for leaf river game cameras on how to set up trail cameras. I've been fooling around with the presets on here and really like the panalook and the one for outside. I am heading out to load the preset 30.cpf and try that one out. I am still somewhat confused on what to use and how to set up for first light when i'm filming my deer hunts but i still have time to work on that. Got any suggestions? I've got a couple of buddies using pd170's around your area so there are several of us out there shooting. We all might have to get together sometime and talk cameras.
chuck
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #12
Major Player

Bring something white so you can white balance, then lock your white balance.

If the sun is coming up you should probably do this a few times because the color temp will keep changing.
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #13
Major Player

hmm... maybe we should form some kind of louisville dv club....

you guys get involved with that 48hr film project here in town? I heard about it to late.... but I think it's once a year.
Old May 20th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #14
Regular Crew

Louisville HDV/DV User Group

The idea of a Lousiville user group would be great. Chuck I also use an XH-A1 (actually 3 of them) and agreet they are a phenomenal camera. The custom settings are amazing and to be honest a little overwhelming at this point. If you haven't been to it here is the best help I've found direct from Canon on what the different settings do. http://www.usa.canon.com/app/html/HDV/XHA1/index.shtml As a side note the Manual Adjustment section under Complete Image Customization should be of particular interest.
Lets get a user group going guys. The Starbucks on Hurstbourne and Shelbyville Rd have meeting rooms that are $20 for a 4 hour block. They seat 6-10 and have enough room to bring equipment into and maybe we could set up a projector to show clips. Any takers?
Chuck Biddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #15
Major Player

That sounds pretty cool, what would we do? Just bring out gear and clips?
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood