Greetings from NYC - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 2nd, 2002, 08:42 PM   #46
New Boot

crew needed in nyc area for festival short

I have access to an xl1 and a vx2000. (I am looking to buy my own camera to learn how to shoot myself, but I want to go ahead and shoot this short now and would like to find someone with more camera experience than I have.) Of course anyone out there with a dvx100 I would love to see your camera in action! I have several interesting projects that I would like to get on the festival circuit and would like to meet someone who loves to shoot and who has a creative eye. I also need another crew person for lighting. So, for anyone with or without camera but with experience, and eager to participate in an interesting project please let me know. There will be some compensation for travel of course. Meals provided. That sort of thing.

contact leeannhansen@yahoo.com

Happy shooting!
Lee Ann Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2002, 08:20 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Hi Lee Ann,
We met at my DV Networking - Open House in New York a couple of months ago. I am interested to get on the crew. The open house resulted in some very interesting contacts which led to a couple of interesting jobs.

I will also recommend you to look at www.mandy.com which is the main board for film/dv positions.

Talk to you soon.
Thomas
Old December 6th, 2002, 10:22 PM   #48
Regular Crew

I'm down

heyI would luv to helP out. give me a shout. have some equiPment and some exPerience
Old December 9th, 2002, 10:50 AM   #49
Major Player

* * LEE ANN * *

Lee Ann,

Met you a Thomas' Shin Dig. We talked a while and I recommended Chris Gore's Book regarding the festival circuit.

As I am in the midst of completing my short, I am very interested in helping you launch your current project. My time is tight, however, I am ready, willing, and will have some material to show very soon. (Intention is also for the Festival Circuit)

Please email me details about your endeavors.

Excellent to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Derrick Begin
ODO PRODUCTIONS
Derrick Begin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 08:17 PM   #50
Trustee

NYC Artist- & video

Hi guys,

I've been posting here for awhile now and have realized I have never mentioned my slight celebrity status...(emphasis on slight)

I'm an airbrush artist and have won a few awards/trophies and have beaten the likes of Jessie James (West Coast Choppers) and Orange County Cycles at past custom motorcycle shows with respect to paintjobs.... and because my passion is digital video I've put together a 10 minute video showing some of my winning artwork of various cycles- from movie theme bikes done up in Spiderman, Hulk, Spawn and X-Men themes to Sopranos TV show portrait cycles- they're all assembled in this 10 minute video....

....I hope you guys like this as it puts a spin on an "untraditional" video subject- I had to break allot of the "web" rules with regards to "optimal" video form for best compression- but with lots of moving images and gorgeous fashion models in this video- there was no way around it......anyway here goes and hope you guys like it.....

http://stevenunez.com/video/clips/snairbrushing.mov

It's about a 5 minute download for you broadband users.....let me know what you think.

Steve Nunez
stevenyc1@aol.com
Old June 1st, 2003, 08:55 PM   #51
Trustee

That's some seriously wicked work! Those Jesse James guys are amazing at everything they do, and to be able to say you've beaten them at anything is quite an achievement.

Congrats, and great work!
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 08:56 PM   #52
Trustee

Thank you so much.....I'm just pluggin' away....

again thanks.
Old November 14th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #53
Regular Crew

NYC in the house

Hey all,
I currently live in Brooklyn and work at a division of PHILIPS medical systems creating graphics and corporate DVDs. My schooling background is 3D animation and special FX from Pratt Institute. I am also the proud owner of a DVX-100 which I use for a variety of things I'm working on. I am currently working on 2 documentarys with my partner where I am the technical/visual person and she is the writer/research/content person of our little business which works out great. Our little endevor is called UrbanMouse Productions which will be at www.urbanmouse.com (just splash page up now, I have to also do that).
We are also in the process of writing a music video for the Lords of Brooklyn's remix to RunDMC's "Sucker MC" off the Graffiti Roc album to be created in a few months to be shot on the DVX.
Thank you.
Aram Bauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #54
Regular Crew

What up Aram.
Welcome to the forum.
I'm a big hip hop fan and would love to check out your video shoot.
I may be shooting a hip hop video for a local hip hop artist who is on the comeup. He has performed with Quest Love from the Roots and Jill Scott in Philly.
Drop me a line at apd191@yahoo.com
Peace and good luck on your shoot.
Bernard Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 01:23 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Aram,

I live in North Bergen, NJ (right across the Hudson River, 15 min from NYC) I've been looking forward in meeting interesting people in this industry, I would like to establish some communication with you to exchange ideas, views and so forth. I'm working on a short film, which should be completed by December.

Talk to you soon.
Old November 26th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #56
Regular Crew

welcome

Welcome to the site-My name is Michael Mcconnell-I just finished a documentary named SLAYSEAN "Still on the grind". It's about a rapper who got jerked by music mogul Master P and tries to still stay relevant in a very competitive game. I shot the whole thing by myself in four different public housing tenements and my friend Raul Maldonado supervised the editing. It came out really great, it's really raw and hardcore. well, welcome to the board and congrats on the project.
Old November 26th, 2003, 05:51 PM   #57
Trustee

Mike,

is your documentary "actual" ? Did Master P really jerk the guy?

(probably a dumb question)
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #58
Regular Crew

ok

For the culturally less fortunate--(Jerked- meaning: ripped off; inadequately compensated--Yes, your right that was a dumb question.
Old March 18th, 2004, 06:35 PM   #59
Regular Crew

Nyc

I got Panasonic DVX 100AE (PAL), Vegas DVD editing soft, sound and lights.

I am in preproduction for feature to be shot on MAY.

Anyone in NYC wishing to share digital shooting experiences?

Voytek
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:25 AM   #60
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Voytek! If no-one (give it a couple of days)
responds here, try re-posting your question for collaboration into
our Helping hands forum.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood