Greetings from NYC - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old October 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #121
New Boot

newbie here... in the upper east side!

been a lurker on DVinfo for a month now, but getting more comfortable to post.

glad to be here. =)

-edward
Edward Pahati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:05 AM   #122
Major Player

Whos in NY?

So I would love to see some of who is around in the NY area? NYC? Queens? Brooklyn? Long Island? Let me know who you are and what you do, its always nice to meet new people who share similar interests.
Old November 11th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #123
Major Player

Hey, somebody else up at this ungodly hour! I'd like this time of night if I didn't have a cold...

Anyway, speaking up for Long Island here, Suffolk County. Not sure if my town's really 'western' Suffolk, but it's not that far east. Let's say central. I need a map.

I don't really "do" much of anything as far as video's concerned. It's a hobby for me, I 'plumb' during the daylight hours. As for you, though, very impressive stuff you've got on your website, I must say.

I just edited this post to remove the "welcome to the board" when I saw your registration date and post count. My mistake!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 03:30 AM   #124
Wrangler

Come on guys get some sleep will ya! Must be the New York air.

Mostly do events, corporate video, with some documentary work and photography gigs. Occasional temp day job to fill in the gaps.
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:10 AM   #125
Inner Circle

Full time video person and been that way for about 27 years.

Video compression consulting, Shooting and editing - corporate video, marketing video, reporter demo reels, an occasional local cable spot, political media and, when the mood strikes me, an event here and there.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #126
Regular Crew

I'm in the East Village of NYC, we produce corporate video work and corpaorate events around the country.

I personally love to edit and shoot random scenes around the city.
Stephen Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 03:58 PM   #127
Major Player

count me in

I'm a lifelong New Yorker who has been an indie producer/director/writer for the past 14.5 years.

My work has been in theatres, on broadcast tv, on cable, shown in board rooms and even to bored folks who were no longer bored when they saw my latest, greatest effort! Heck, I've made radio programs, powerpoint presentations and even have referred to myself in the 3rd person (jezz, does that make me feel goofy)

As the media biz has changed over the years, so has what I do. Years ago it was a 9-person film or BetaSP crew. Now it is often me shooting "B" roll and doing the 1st pass on the footage in final cut.

And I'm needing to do even more: i even light/shoot many of my own interviews!

I'm in Manhattan nearly every/every other day. If we ever wanted to all get together for a cup of coffee, I'd buy the first round.

Be well

Rob Katz
Harvest Films
Rob Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #128
Regular Crew

Hey guys...

Just wanted to throw my name up on this thread. I'm in Brooklyn. Used to do a lot of wedding stuff and trying to take my shot at a feature early next year.

Saw your site Stephen. Boy do you do some great work. I couldn't stop going through the photos. Love the make up.

Anyways I'm always on the look out for like minded people, if anyone wants to get together for a beer drop me a line.

XL1-s
Bogen 503 head
Sony wireless
Adobe Premiere 6.0
Matrox RT2500
Brian Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #129
Regular Crew

Another Upper East Sider

I've been an increasingly serious amateur progressing from miniDV to HDV--currently using a Sony FX-7 with Rode SVM. Editing/post with Final Cut Studio.

I am currently doing a lot of video of the NDI dance group (a NYC school based dance project), as my daughter dances with them. They are a fantastic pre-professional group, and the choreography process is fascinating. There was an Academy Award winning doc on the group back in the 80's (He Makes Me Feel Like Dancin (1983))--the potential is there for another! Another parent is a professional film director/editor who has done a lot of high end documentary work (stuff that is shown on PBS, etc.) We are hoping to be able to put something together with the footage that I am gathering.

The images captured on HDV have inspired me in a way that regular DV never could. Finally there is the ability to get almost film quality at a reasonable price. The FX-7 in my opinion is a somewhat under-rated camera in terms of its price/performance.

--Robert A.
Robert Altman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #130
Trustee

Robert- I too really liked the video quality of my FX-7, very under-rated. Slightly sharper than the FX-1 and more portable!
Old January 9th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #131
Regular Crew

Glad I found you New Yorkers

I've Been trying to find people in the area to possibly learn something from. I'm a newbie to the forum and only been shooting for a few years now. I was using GL2's to shoot Summer basketball games but feel the need to branch out. Added a A1 which will be shipped tomorrow. (feel like a kid at christmas). I've been a photoshop guy so I figured I could pick up Premiere and After Effects quickly.....WRONG! But as I get better at compositing I feel I need better quality footage. Hence the A1. I actually live in New Jersey but I'm always in NYC. I look forward to learning and sharing any knowledge from you guys
Sherman Wing is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood